Brand Manager – Market leading brands and new brand development
Brand Manager – Market leading brands and new brand development - Hertfordshire
Our client is a mainstream toiletries and pharmaceutical brand who have an impressive portfolio of iconic market leading brands. They are a family owned business with a collaborative and fully supportive culture. This business would suit someone is potentially frustrated with a big corporate culture.
The Brand Management role is central to this Sales and Marketing focused company, with ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the brands’ activities the remit of the Brand Manager.
The Brand Manager is the owner of the brand, it is the Brand Manager who formulates strategy as well as translating that strategy into achievable objectives and tactics, which then need to be driven through to successful fruition.
The individual will report directly into the Group Brand Manager, as well as direct contact with the Director of Marketing and Managing Director. They will need experience of working with senior stakeholders in the business on a one-to-one level and for more formal presentations.
They will play a key role in landing the new strategy and 5yr innovation pipeline on market leading brands, helping to achieve short and long-term business targets. They will also support on other brands and the creation of new brands; building the initial concepts and preparing the brand ready to launch, at which point it will be handed over to another brand manager to execute.
- Plan and achieve budgeted sales and profitability targets in line with agreed expenditure and consumer and trade strategies.
- Be the central point of contact for each brand throughout the business.
- Maintain exceptional business relationships with brand owners through faultless account management and communication.
- To develop, recommend and execute marketing plans and manage the effective deployment of the marketing budget.
- Challenge costs and aggressively pursue value optimisation opportunities.
- Maximise brands’ potential; ensuring brands are competitive in the marketplace, in relation to the optimum communication strategies, trade promotions, advertising, packaging and pricing.
- Manage the ATL development process and own the communication strategies showing strong creative judgement.
- Ensure all activity conforms to all relevant UK governing bodies
- Project manage the introduction of brand range extensions and new product launches.
- Work with the Sales Team to maximise brands’ potential, in relation to the optimum shelf presence, trade promotional activity, POS display and distribution.
- Providing monthly production forecasts and liaising regularly with third party manufacturers to ensure optimal stock position.
- Ongoing review of market trends, alongside the Insights Manager and Product Manager to identify opportunities for new brands and then to scope out the size of prize;
- Creation of new brand identities and execution plan for roll out into the market.
- Degree level of qualification or CIM equivalent.
- Strong all round relevant FMCG marketing experience, exposure to all of the marketing mix.
- Experience of brand planning and strategic thinking and evidence of successful implementation.
- Experience of working on the advertising process, with a keen creative eye.
- Experience of planning and analysing trade promotional activity.
- Ability to understand key profit & loss data.
- Results orientated and capable of working autonomously.
- Demonstrate strong consumer understanding.
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management skills, delivering high profile projects on time and in budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Personable and adaptable: including ability to converse and empathise with a wide variety of people.
- Passionate and enthusiastic with the ability to make a quick impact.
- An ingrained Customer Service ethos.
- Flexible and able to use own initiative.
- Strong organisational capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extremely high standard of written English Language.
- Full driving license.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website