Trade Marketing Representative Halifax, Huddersfield, Rochdale Area
Do you want to join one of the leading vaping and tobacco companies within the UK and be part of a new, innovative and fast-growing area of ‘Next Generation Products’? Do you want to be part of a great working culture and a 2018 UK Top Employer for the 5th year in a row? We are currently looking for a Field Sales Executive to cover the area of Halifax, Huddersfield Rochdale Area.
Are you a great communicator with a drive for success?
To succeed as a Field Sales Executive (FSE) in British American Tobacco (BAT) you will need to be able to work independently, developing a trade marketing and distribution plan for your assigned territory and executing the plan with excellence to ensure that it meets all its objectives (brand, volume, distribution, trials and in-store marketing objectives). You will need to build strong relationships with the retailers in your territory, maintaining a strong business focus and consumer understanding and ultimately will become the category partner to retail customers, passing on knowledge and expertise to grow Tobacco & Next Generation Product (NGP) sales of BAT products.
A BAT Field Sales Executive will operate in each geographical location and have a workload made up of Independent tobacco and NGP outlets which have strategic importance to brand and company development. The key fundamentals of the role are to be a business adviser to retailers and ultimately drive BAT brand volume and market share through distribution, display and dialogue opportunities within the stores. The Field Sales Executive role is crucial in supporting the delivery of brand communication initiatives at the point of purchase to generate brand awareness and trial and ultimately gain new long-term consumers.
· Deliver distribution, share of shelf, and sales in line with or ahead of targets
· Implement cycle marketing activities on time in full, including securing distribution of new products
· Develop and implement plans that drive volume & share growth of BAT brands with maximum ROI
· Encourage sell out by running local activities that educate retail partners on marketing levers and the importance of Tobacco and NGP categories to their trade
· Complete business processes on time in full; ensuring accuracy of information and data
· Works to Trade Coverage Plan
· Efficiently manage business and financial assets (vehicle, IT, materials, stock (if applicable), cash, budgets)
· Gather and report on any competitor activity or intelligence
· Minimize Out of Stocks using the applicable Route to Market for each channel and checks and protects product quality and freshness
· Excellence in quality of execution and communication (TMR to Retailer Training, POSM placement, Overall category knowledge)
· Build retailer advocacy through education and rewards to drive awareness and trial for BAT brands in Tobacco and NGP
· Develop and leverage effective working relationships by giving assistance, advice and support on total FMCG market in traditional and non-traditional channels
· Leverage targeted retail investment to drive growth of BAT brands with maximum ROI
· Ensure compliance to trading agreements across the territory
· Analyze Sales Out data to enable their team to have business conversations in Trade to grow BAT brands
You will be supported along the way, and the benefits of working for such a large global organization will be rewarding.
· A full valid UK driving license
· Live within 1 hour commute from home to territory
· Previous experience that includes transferable skills to a Field Sales role. Field sales experience not necessary but could be an advantage
· Great rapport building and communication skills. The ability to engage with others at all levels and adapt style to the situation.
· Ability to plan, prioritize and organize own work and monitor progress v target to ensure objectives are delivered on time and in full
· Able to work alone and remain self-motivated as most of the time you will be working independently, whilst also demonstrating ability to work effectively as part of a team, building effective, collaborative working relationships with immediate peers and colleagues from other departments/teams within the business
· Attention to detail
· Ability to interpret and analyze basic data to form effective plans
· IT skills – basic use of the following packages: word, excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft outlook
· Preferably graduate, or of graduate calibre, with potential and desire to progress within the company.
· Up to £29,000 starting salary
· Bonus potential of up to 30% of annual salary
· Excellent Benefits Package: Private Medical, Pension, Share Scheme Options and Company Car