Head Of UK Retail
Excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding fmcg business who are looking for a Head Of UK Retail to manage a sales team within the distributor Chanel.
Excellent opportunity to join one of the largest residual stock management distributors in Europe buying and distributing FMCG stock throughout the European discount market. My client is based in Essex and would require the successful applicant to spend 2-3 days a week in the Essex office.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head Of UK Retail is responsible for delivery of the annual business plan within their area .The role is considered a gateway role into senior management within the business and is a balance of strategy, team and customer development. Leadership will play a large part of this role especially when leading by example when handling a selection of their own accounts.
The Head Of UK Retail is responsible for delivering budgeted sales, gross profit and business development targets in addition to providing support and development of their team.
The Successful Head Of UK Retail will need:
- Strong leadership skills with high level drive and passion, 50% of your time needs to be spent in the area.
- An understanding of the discount market and strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to cut through complexity and set tasks for Account Managers that need to be monitored and completed.
- Strong team player.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to time manage and prioritise effectively within a fast paced, evolving environment.
Competitive Basic Salary + Excellent Benefits