Assistant Buyer - Womenswear
Assistant Buyer - Womenswear, London, Competitive Salary, High-Street Retailer, Exciting Opportunity!
Our client, an industry leading global brand, has an opening for an Assistant Buyer to join their high-performing buying team.
Our client is looking for a talented, confident, motivated individual with excellent communication and negotiation skills, to help manage ownership of a range of categories within womenswear. Our client would love to hear from candidates from a retail background, with experience in fashion buying. Your responsibilities will include:
- The opportunity to manage a Buyers Admin Assistant
- Working with multiple teams including merchandisers and suppliers to ensure correct delivery of strategy and successful performance of your category
- Product development
- Analysing your categories' performance, making changes where needed
- Planning marketing activity to drive growth within your category sales
- Targeting customers to create opportunities for the business
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with suppliers as well as building new relationships
In order to be considered for this exciting position, it is essential that you have:
- Experience in fashion buying, high-street brands are preferred
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- The ability to network
- IT proficiency - MS Excel, Office etc.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team-working and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Drive and determination
- Commercial awareness of fashion mass trends
- Creative flair
- A passion for retail
This organisation can offer great career progression and huge potential for anyone looking to develop their buying skills within fashion. The client is offering a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.