Buyer - Womenswear
Buyer - Womenswear, London, Competitive Salary, Exciting Opportunity!
Our client, a British multinational fashion retailer with a strong presence online, has a vacancy for a Womenswear Buyer to join their successful team.
Our client is looking for a talented, experienced buyer with excellent communication and negotiation skills to work within their successful team. Ideally you will be educated to degree level, with previous retail experience and a passion for women's fashion. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the buying team to ensure purchasing is at the lowest cost for the quantity and quality requirements of the company
- Analysing the performance of your department
- Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers as well as building new relationships
- Develop basic understanding of WSSI by close cooperation with merchandising team.
- Support senior buyer with the training and development of junior buying team members and the opportunity to manage a Buyers Admin Assistant
- Identifying mass trends and growth opportunities
- Developing procurement strategy.
In order to be considered for this exciting position, it is essential that you have:
- Experience in retail
- Experience as high-level Assistant Buyer or existing Junior Buyer/Buyer within a retail / eCommerce environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people
- Ability to build and maintain good supplier relationships
- Problem solving skills
- Finger on the pulse of fashion trends
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team and also on own initiative.
This organisation can offer huge potential and progression for anyone looking to develop their buying skills and progress in their career within a large international company. The client is offering a competitive salary dependent on experience, plus an employee discount.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Buyer - Womenswear
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly