PRODUCT COMPLIANCE MANAGER – CONSUMER PRODUCTS
Product Compliance Manager – Consumer Products
£negotiable, dependent on experience
Fleet - Hampshire
Founded in 1959, the Conair Corporation is a global, marketing leading small appliances and electrical beauty products business with revenues in excess of $2bn. The UK subsidiary business has grown rapidly over the past 30 years, driven by new product innovation, a commitment to quality and strong customer relationships in the retail and wholesale markets. With a broad product range in electrical hair care, brushes & accessories and small domestic appliances, Conair is home to many leading brands including BaByliss, TRESemmé, Rusk, Scϋnci, Waring and Cuisinart.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer & Technical Affairs, the Product Compliance Manager will manage, assess and mitigate the risk to Conair’s EU/UK production and sales business with respect to all electrical, cosmetic and food contact regulations across the brands. This will be a busy and varied role, managing all the required activities to ensure product compliance for all in-scope legislation across Conair’s full product range for beauty products, food preparation and cooking devices.
Role Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- To ensure all data is recorded accurately and on a timely basis
- Monitor system data integrity and provide reports as required
- Act upon system reports and ensure discrepancies are highlighted
- To manage Electrical and Cosmetic providers
- Responsibility for compliance oversight, policy updates, governance, training & education
- Point of contact for regulatory authorities
- Oversee the market surveillance function
- Monitor legislative and regulatory rules
- Communicate risk to the Director of Consumer & Technical Affairs
- Prepare and deliver an annual compliance monitoring plan
- Maintain effective response times in relation to compliance issues
- Offer front line customer support and advice following enquiries
- Cost control, balancing customer requirements with commercial awareness
The successful candidate will be structured, highly analytical with strong attention to detail. It is essential that you have a strong understanding of European compliance, and specifically Standard 60335. It is likely that you will have a product engineering background or be doing a similar role within a consumer electronics business currently. You will be based in Fleet, Hampshire, however there will be some travel to the Chorley site in Lancashire when required. You must be able to work as part of a team, be a self-starter and able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
If you have the relevant experience described above, please forward your details to Tom Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01132 054970 for an initial conversation.
All 3rd party applications will be forwarded to our exclusive recruitment partners at Clear Edge Search & Selection.