Senior Process Technologist
Job Type: Senior Process Technologist
Location: South London
Salary: up to £45,000
My client is a massively expanding food manufacturer specialising in ambient products, who have doubled in sized over the last two years, and are now looking for a Process Technologist to join their business.
The role is for a Process Technologist to be focusing on concept to launch for their products. The role will involve spending 3 days out of the office at the manufacturing site in another area of UK, so the right candidate must be flexible to do that.
- Lead the transition of new products from approved concept, trial and testing stages through to full production, ensuring that the products maintain their culinary profile and integrity through the chosen manufacturer, to meet agreed project timelines and agreed costs.
- Plan, manage and support factory trials at manufacturers and resolve any problems arising to ensure that the most efficient production processes are adopted. Coordinate any internal and external issues to highlight and mitigate risks to launches.
- Work with manufacturers to establish relevant controls prior to the introduction of a new production processes and products, through setting production controls and QCPs, to ensure quality attributes are maintained throughout the development and manufacturing processes.
- Drive continuous improvements and cost saving initiatives, to ensure profit margins are achieved and maintained, without compromising on quality and taste.
- Engage with the Development Chefs to facilitate product innovation and the creation of new concepts / enhancement to existing ranges. Identify potential gaps in the market / improvements to existing products, to support the company’s goal to deliver market leading, innovative products.
- Input to the supplier approval process and manage the introduction of new manufacturers as they are appointed.
- Promote good working practices within internal and external NPD departments to ensure all Health & Safety, Food Safety protocols are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- You will maintain a safe and clean working environment and be a team player at all times contributing to any Ideas of how to improve the team and business procedures.
The Successful Candidate:
- Extensive NPD, concept and process experience, with in-depth knowledge of the entire process from concept through to launch. The ability to manage, plan and evaluate product trials and launches
- A degree in Food Science / Technical / related subject
- HACCP Food Safety and Food Hygiene
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude at all times, with the ability to offer up solutions to problems as they arise
- The role will suit an individual who is highly organised, self-motivated, analytical, logical, possesses an eye for detail and can manage and meet deadlines
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
It’s a great opportunity for someone who wants to progress within their career from a normal Process Technologist role into a more complex environment. You will also get a chance to really impact the process team and expand.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to Roberta@advocate-group.co.uk or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.