Retail – Fresh
Competitive salary, car, bonus, medical, pension and 25 days holiday
As Packaging Technologist, you will be joining a £200million fresh food business based in the South East. Due to 20% year on year growth within the organisation there is now a requirement for a Packaging Technologist to join their already high performing development team.
The key purpose of this role is to cover all areas of development, day to day and future prospects. In addition, you will be expected to identify, trial and make ready all new packaging technologies, control packaging specifications and monitor retailer packaging compliance at packhouse level.
Key Accountabilities Will Include:
- To be the point of reference for packaging legality.
- Working with the Packaging Manager to ensure effective resolution of any packaging related issues.
- Working with the Packaging Buyer, NPD, Commercial, Marketing and Operational departments to develop innovative packaging that is fit for purpose.
- Maintaining supplier and internal packaging specifications in line with other departments.
- Carry out audits of packaging suppliers to ensure compliance to standards.
- Ensuring packaging compliance is kept up to date in line with live SKU’s.
- Responsibility for organising, monitoring and reporting on technical and shelf life trials for the advancement of packaging.
The role requires at least 12 months experience working with a packaging role. Ideally you will have experience working within a fresh food environment, however individuals with any FMCG / Consumer Goods experience will be considered.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the motivated Packaging Technologist who is prepared to work hard and progress within a fast paced and ever changing FMCG environment.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described, or contact Clear Edge Search & Selection for more details.