SHIPPING COORDINATOR – FMCG
Shipping Coordinator – FMCG
Competitive basic salary
Huddersfield – West Yorkshire
My client is a leading importer and trader of canned goods and ambient products into the UK market for foodservice, manufacturing and retail. Their head office in West Yorkshire is home to their technical and test kitchen facilities and is the base for their UK sales and marketing teams and administrative functions.
Due to their continued growth they are now seeking a Shipping Coordinator to join their busy West Yorkshire team. This role will report into the Shipping Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that all containers are ready to ship to the schedule provided by planning, arrive on time and are booked in to the relevant warehouse.
- Daily chasing of all original documents needed from the supplier to ensure that clearance at the port is efficient.
- Daily and weekly checks with shipping lines ensuring that all arrivals are on time.
- Updating key reports with all details and highlighting arrival changes to Shipping team.
- Organising inter warehouse transfers to ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time for fulfilment of customer orders.
- Raising new purchase orders with suppliers for the Buying team.
- Working closely with the technical team to organise container samples for testing.
- Liaise closely with 3rd party warehouses.
- Manage paperwork for all landings and manage any relevant issues in terms of non-conformance, stock disposal and damages.
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is in place for month end.
- Proficient in Excel spread sheets and formulas
To be considered for this opportunity you will currently be working in a similar position in either the FMCG or retail sector. You must possess strong organisational skills and excel skills with a keen eye for detail. Whilst you will predominately work within a team environment, it is essential you are able to take your own initiative and work independently. This is a fast paced business so the ideal candidate will thrive in this type of working environment. If you think you have the right skills and attributes for this position then apply today with your CV to be considered.