Job Type: Regional Finance Director
Salary: £80k - £110k
Location: UK Wide
Job Reference: 9639
Are you interested in being part of a well-established global company who operate across Europe, North America and Australasia with a distribution network and a turnover of circa £400m. If you are currently working within a Senior Finance Role and are looking to work for a fantastic brand where you can increase your responsibility and autonomy then please read on!
Well-known manufacturing business who have had significant success since entering the market, they have grown year on year on a global level. The company are a complex matrix organisation with the most successful employees being adaptable to change and resilient in nature.
The Regional Finance Director for Europe, Africa and Middle East, who will act as the Commercial Business Partner to the VP for Europe and the VP for Middle East, will be responsible for the Financial Strategy, Financial Liquidity and Planning and Reporting for EMEA region.
The role reports directly to the Group Finance Director - Operations and will have dotted line to the VP's. The role will have 4-6 direct reports.
The role will be based in one of the UK Locations and will involve travel to all of the operating units in the region.
- In conjunction with the European / Middle East Management team, to understand and implement / drive within the Region, the Group Strategic Plan
- Prepare and sign off the Region Budget incorporating the Group’s Strategic Initiatives
- To prepare regular financial performance reporting, including the financial section of the monthly, quarterly & annual reports, and provide the Vice Presidents with analyses of variances and commercial insights on the significance of the financial numbers
- Identify and drive efficiencies in Working Capital levels, maximising operational cash conversion across the businesses
- As Business Partner for the Region ensure where necessary the preparation, review and approval of :
- Tendering and contract negotiation activities
- Liaison with a range of external stakeholders, including customers and suppliers, on financial related matters
- Preparation / Review of business cases & capital expenditure requests
- Development and monitoring of local Operational KPI’s
- Ensure consistency and compliance of across the Region in relation to:
- Accounting treatment and reporting (to include all business units meeting the Group reporting timelines)
- Group policies and procedures
- Agreed delegated levels of authority for each entity including on-going audit/monitoring
- Tax issues in conjunction with the Group Tax Director
- Statutory Reporting in line with IFRS
Ensure that there are adequate systems & controls to maintain the integrity of the accounting information, safeguard company assets and maximise financial performance
Oversee the external audit; review & analyse results and recommend for approval the audited financial statements
The Ideal Experience:
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA/ACMA or equivalent) with a strong financial accounting background and have over 5 years post qualification experience.
- Experience in the Service & Distribution Industry.
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Substantial experience as a senior finance executive in a comparable scale business across different countries(matrix)
- Management of numerous P&L's
- Strategic planning capabilities & Business analysis expertise
- A track record in driving business improvement and change initiatives
- Experience in Change Management
- Expertise in reporting to IFRS guidelines, although not essential would be beneficial
- Strong people skills and experience in managing a team
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, organised, highly motivated and a self-starter who is comfortable working with limited supervision and managing a number of projects at one time. The Regional Finance Director must exhibit good business knowledge evidenced by a high level of integrity, be an expert in change management, be able to work autonomously in a complex matrix organisation and have a good balance of being hands on and strategic.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Ali.email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.