Category Manager - North East | Ambient | Private Label
7 days left
- Contract Type
A private label ambient snacks manufacturer is seeing to appoint an experienced category manager with a flair for marketing and experience of working with retailers in the UK and Europe. The business has recently undergone an investment process implementing state of the art baking facilities. They produce a wide assortment of sweet snack products including a gluten free line to highlight their ability to change and develop in a highly competitive market place. They are driven by quality and support leading supermarkets who are looking to improve the quality of their own label offering and diversifying into breakfast bars, biscuits and savoury products.
You will be expected to work closely with markets and customers with responsibility for the collation and analysis of category data both qualitative and quantitative to support a commercial strategy and marketing application for both the UK and Europe, facilitating maximum sales opportunities. The role includes external marketing and PR such as attending and presenting at exhibitions and the preparation of editorials.
- Be graduate calibre with a qualification in marketing
- Passionate, energetic and driven keen to succeed
- A dedicated team player willing to support and engage with colleagues as required
- Assertive but personable, good at influencing others, getting them to do things for you when you need them to
- Able to anticipate issues, proactively seek information and devise well-reasoned solutions
- Able to communicate at all levels, generating positive relationships with peers and external teams
- Systems literate with the ability to manage large amounts of data analysis on databases such as Neilson/IRI/Euro Monitor/ Mintel would be beneficial
- Driven by a desire to make a difference, excited by the challenge to improve every day, and celebrate success - for yourself or others
It would also be beneficial if you were a speaker of French or Dutch or had prior exposure to international market place within a private label business
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in FMCG Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, NPD jobs, Technical jobs & Category jobs across the UK.