Global Business Development
Salary OTE by year 5 could be over £300,000
At it luggage ltd, we are continuously growing and expanding across the globe, with teams in the UK, USA, Canada, France, Germany, Spain and China. Considering this growth, we have created an incredible, new and exciting opportunity in our Sales Team – International Business Development. This role has fantastic earning potential over the next 5 years and beyond. This is a great time to join the team and make the role your own.
The successful candidate will be from a consumer goods background as the role will play a critical part in growing a well-established global business even further. Your role will include, but not limited to:
- Approach new customers, gain appointments to present our ranges, obtain orders and ensure other areas of the business are educated to ensure we supply each customer in a timely basis.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual business development targets, agree these with the company and analyse and report back on the results.
- As business develops, recruit, lead and develop Regional Business Development employees to continue the growth plans in place.
- As accounts mature, prepare to delegate these over to Regional Account Managers to allow sufficient capacity to continue to introduce and grow new customers.
- Assist with existing markets to identify new customers and gain incremental sales and profit in these areas before delegating to Regional Account Managers.
- Work with the Market & Sales Development Analyst to ensure that each target market is clearly identified and that all supporting materials needed to develop each customer/market are available.
To be considered for the role, you would need:
- Proven track record of identifying new customers in new markets, gaining orders and developing customers into long-term significant revenue generators.
- Proven track record of successfully growing existing business.
- Solid understanding of global markets.
- Extensive experience selling consumer goods to retailers is essential.
- Extensive experience and understanding of cultural diversities and sensitivity.
- Strong leadership skills and experience of leading global teams.
- Ability to overcome challenges successfully.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – communication, customer orientated.
- Strong negotiator and influencer.
- Self-motivated, creative, results orientated and tenacious.
- Experienced in recruiting and driving the performance of external partners/agents.
- Manufacturing background is preferable.
- The role involves substantial travel and so able to travel, as required, is essential.
If you think you’re up to the challenge and you want to find out more, please apply with your CV and covering letter.