National Charity Partnerships Manager
Job Title National Charity Partnerships Manager
Reporting to Head of Network Partnerships
Location Flexible, but must be able to work at least one day a week at FareShare UK in London and some time at National Charity Partner headquarters. This role will involve extensive travel and some unsociable hours. A vehicle is not provided.
Hours Full time (35 hours)
Term 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary £28,000 to £30,000
Main purpose of this role
Scope, establish and nurture partnership with FareShare’s strategic national charity partner. Work across all teams and regions to develop, monitor and review consistently delivered operational processes and communications between strategic national charity partner and FareShare. This role will initially have a focus on strategic relationships with the Trussell Trust, Holiday hunger and School clubs.
FareShare is the UK’s largest food redistribution charity, fighting food poverty by tackling food waste. FareShare sources food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers and engages many volunteers to help redistribute this to local charities and community groups that provide meals to vulnerable people including families and individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated or recovering from addiction.
FareShare operates 21 Regional Centres (depots) across the UK and supports over 6,700 local charities and community groups. In the last twelve months the FareShare network redistributed 13,500 tonnes of food nationwide, helping to create 28.6 million meals and feed 484,000 people each week.
Key focus of this role -
- Facilitating the reporting of national partnerships to FareShare UK and regional teams and the national charities themselves.
- Building, managing and supporting national strategic charity partnership and relationships.
- Planning the national consistent and national delivery or understanding and facilitating regional delivery of national charity partnerships.
- Working effectively across all UK and regional teams to develop cross-functional, consistently delivered operational processes and communications.
- Monitor, evaluate and review national strategic charity partnerships and operational delivery and liaise with the Corporate Relations Manager.
- Support FareShare’s learning of how to work with national charity partners.
·Establishing and maintaining national charity partnerships
- Through a face-to-face approach create brilliant, aligned and open relationships with strategic charity partners, such as the Trussell Trust, to deliver collaboration and shared value
·Developing appropriate and consistent operational processes
- Work across teams to develop and continuously improve consistently delivered operational protocol both nationally and regionally
- Support FareShare’s Marketing and Communications with regular content to promote the programme
·Develop monitoring and evaluation procedures for continuous improvement and further alignment
- Work with national charities, FareShare teams and the Head of Network Partnerships to create objectives that reflect collaboration and shared value
- Create frameworks for constant monitoring and evaluation against agreed and aligned objectives.
- Make sure that operational processes and aligned objectives work together within the framework of monthly and quarterly reporting.
·Report and review
- Report to relevant stakeholders on progress against aligned objectives
- Regularly review and learn, leading to the adaptation of processes and support further decision making.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing and maintaining partnerships and relationships to create and deliver shared value and growth
- Experience of working with National organisations with a regional presence
- Experience of understanding designing, developing and delivering consistent operational best practice across multiple regions and functions
- Demonstrable experience of working with or for the not for profit sector at a national scale is desirable
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Excellent strategic relationship building and communications skills
- An understanding and demonstrable ability to develop, deliver and evaluate shared value
- Knowledge of operational design processes
- A self-starter with proven ability to work on own initiative, meet objectives and tight deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of the not for profit sector
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail whilst also having a flexible approach and an ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of CRM systems and content databases for case study management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and database)
Values and behaviours
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An understanding of, and sympathy with, FareShare’s mission and strategy
- Flexibility of approach and ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, with both internal and external audiences
- Willingness and ability to work from FareShare regions and around the UK regularly
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a supporting statement showing how you meet the essential experience outlined in the person specification to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd of September.
Interviews will be held in London during the week commencing the 8th of October.
FareShare aims to be an equal opportunity employer