FareShare Network Development Manager
5 days left
- Contract Type
FareShare Network Development Manager
Reporting to: Head of Network Partnerships
Location: North West / South West / Wales, Field based
Hours: Full time (35 hours) hours, 3 years fixed term.
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
FareShare now operates 21 Regional Centres around the UK. The majority of these are run by local charitable organisations we call our Delivery Partners. This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation yet also think and behave with local concerns at the heart of our actions. We support 9,653 local charities and groups – our Community Food Members. Over the past year 16,992 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres nationwide, feeding 772,000 people every week. We operate across 1,500 towns, cities and villages and we save UK charities and community groups more than £28 million each year.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply. More information can be found on our website www.fareshare.org.uk.
FareShare’s nationwide network of regional centres
We aspire to grow our number of volunteers to help us deliver our mission and that of our member charities and community groups, whilst helping to ensure the ongoing sustainability of FareShare’s 21 Regional Centres across the UK. Volunteers are the life blood of FareShare, without them food which is received from the UK’s food industry, would not make its way to the 9,653 charities and community groups we support.
The majority of people who currently volunteer with FareShare do so in the warehouses of the 21 Regional Centres. They help to sort, allocate and deliver the food to our member charities and community groups. We also have other invaluable volunteers who liaise with our members to plan food deliveries and work in the community to support our outreach programmes, which work to raise awareness of FareShare and its services.
Our aim is to grow our volunteer base in these roles, while we also diversify the types of volunteering opportunities available within FareShare Regional Centres, which support the wider operations, whether this is in Fundraising, Communications, Management or Logistics. This could be a small as recruiting Last Mile volunteers to delivering food to a charity or community group, or as big recruiting volunteers to set up a Local Food Collection Point within their community.
Main purpose of this role
Provide direction and support across the FareShare Network to meet our ambitious development plans and support regional staff. Create infrastructure to enable FareShare UK and our regional partners to work well together. Develop and guide charity acquisition, growth and support.
- Work with the FareShare Regional Partners to provide direction and support to 5 regions
- Development new Regional Centres and other channels within your region
- We create and maintain accessible knowledge about the Fareshare Network so as to be their voice
- To liaise with Regional Centre managers to ensure that they have access to knowledge sharing both from the post holder and from other delivery partners in the region
- Support the growth of FareShare Go and other FareShare UK programmes in your region
- Facilitation and development of structures to make stuff happen within the network
- Work with the FareShare operations team to ensure that the agreed FareShare Quality Standards, Health and Safety and procedures are in place to maintain food and brand security
- To uphold, with FareShare UK, high quality customer care protocols and processes towards our Community Members, associates, external stakeholders and the FareShare delivery partners
- Support the FareShare delivery partners and the operations team in the development of new models of distribution by ensuring that the correct operational standards are in place and working appropriately, including the development of sub regional centres and local collection points
- Alongside other FareShare UK teams, provide training as required to staff and volunteers
- Give support and advice on the requisition of infrastructure, training of staff and volunteers and day to day management of the regional centre
- Support a best practice and the evolving FareShare UK culture across the network
- Support the development of new processes and systems to support FareShare UK or the Network.
Wider Stakeholder development
- Developing, growing and maintaining supportive UK wide Partnerships with External (not Network) Not For Profits to move more food
- Engage with key not for profit organisations at a regional level
- Co-ordinate Trussell Trust relationships across your area and other region wide strategic not for profit organisations
- Developing and managing Regional or National partnerships
- Engagement and strategic level account management
- Business planning and experience of high level growth
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Working on own initiative, used to organising own workload and performing to deadlines and standards
- Experience of working in the following areas: project management, food distribution, warehousing operation, partnerships.
- Experience of working with volunteers
- An understanding of the food industry and supply chain
- Regional management for a National organisation
- Experience of monitoring performance
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and manage business relationships and able to engage at all levels with external stakeholders
- Team player able to motivate/generate enthusiasm among diverse groups of people
- Problem solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions ‘on the spot’
- IT literacy, in particular of using Microsoft applications
- Ability to work systematically to agreed guidelines in the absence of close supervision
- Ability to recognise and address high priorities and when necessary link these to overall strategy
- Confidence and bearing to act as an ambassador for FareShare to diverse audiences of external stakeholders strengthening the brand and raising awareness
- Knowledge and interest in sustainable development, sustainability and experience of its application within the business environment
Values and behaviours
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An understanding of, and sympathy with, FareShare’s mission and strategy
- Flexibility of approach and ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, with both internal and external audiences
- Willingness and ability to work from FareShare regions and around the UK regularly
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a supporting statement showing how you meet the essential experience outlined in the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd of September.
Interviews will be held in Sheffield during the week commencing the 8th of October.
FareShare aims to be an equal opportunity employer
Apply for FareShare Network Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly