National Account Executive Symbol & Convenience
National Account Executive - Symbol & Convenience Primarily Office-based from High Wycombe
Salary £34,000 + Car + Bonus to 30% + Benefits
Major branded FMCG business with exciting plans for the future. They manufacture a range of instantly recognisable brands and due to a promotion, they now seek an ambitious National Account Executive to manage customers within Symbol & Convenience.
To work closely with the Account Director as part of a small business unit, while developing and sustaining profitable sales for the company.
To play an instrumental part in building, developing and implementing a strategic plan for a designated sector. The role will drive ambitious growth targets and explore new business opportunities. The need to work cross functionally with other areas of sales will be supported by a strong commitment to team working.
- Planning, formulation and tracking of a yearly sector strategy in line with the company plan, sector and customer needs
- Building of account plans in line with brand/channel strategies by product, volume and revenue identifying promotional and development costs.
- Developing account propositions in conjunction with Trade and Consumer Marketing.
- Identify customer needs and tailoring propositions to meet these needs – category approach to product range and development program – agree, implement and evaluate with customer.
- Communicate all areas of activity to Field Sales Team (where relevant) and to all other relevant personnel.
- Negotiation, implementation and monitoring of trading display and concept agreements
- To identify and capitalise on new business opportunities within relevant channel
- To defend existing range and market share
- To achieve minimum distribution targets and objectives
- To have an understanding of company management information system Business Objects to a proficient standard
- To ensure competitive sell out prices
As well as being well organised, articulate and with high personal standards candidates will require the following skills:-
Presentation, Relationship Building, Negotiation, Numerate, Planning, and Computer Literacy
The position also demands a high degree of strong communication skills
Minimum of 2 year’s experience within an FMCG Account Manager position, ideally within Symbol/Convenience/Grocery.
Please quote reference 723/64GJ if you would like to apply
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.