6 days left
- Contract Type
To Develop Sales with our ISAN (Ingredients Sandwich) customer base by presenting our products in the most effective manner, building relationships by visiting our customers on a regular basis. Generating sales with our customer base at a good gross profit margin. Support for the Sales Director where needed.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
Job Content / Principle Accountabilities & Objectives
- To Achieve Sales Target agreed for the year
- To Achieve Contribution Target for the year
- To achieve Net Profit Target for the year
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with customers
- As a member of the Senior Management team participate in setting of strategy and objectives and effectively contribute towards achievement of those objectives.
- As a member of the Ingredients team with channel specific responsibility of the market place.
- Manage the development of new business and development of relationships and business with new customers by presenting Leathams Product range in a suitable manner
- The jobholder’s main task is to help in the achievement of the Ingredients Division sales target, whilst ensuring that company quality standards are met and that compliance with established policies and procedures is respected
- The Jobholder will have P&L responsibility and targets for the ISAN channel.
- The jobholder is also responsible for attending and contributing to various regular meetings – Ingredients Sales Meetings, Retail and Ingredients annual conference, 1:1’s with Line Manager as well as other meetings that may from time to time arise.
- The requirement to meet set departmental standards entails constant evaluation and reference to information, including the sectors sales budget, which will be regularly reviewed.
- The jobholder will evaluate and make recommendations for reducing STS (Stock to sell) , introducing new products, increasing the range of existing products sold to existing customers, acquiring new customers, at the same time as providing the most efficient service for customer at the least cost to the company.
- The jobholder should develop sales with customers in the most cost effective manner – maximising each visit made to each customer and using samples with the least cost as possible to the company (i.e. ensuring we have free of charge samples from suppliers rather than drawing from stock and where necessary to do so that the products are broken down into smaller units for use for other customers).
- The jobholder will have the support of the Ingredients Customer Services Team and should ensure that he delegates as much of the day to day management of the sector’s customers to them – order capture and processing, stock management, quotations, STS selling, day to day customer services issues etc in order that his time is best used towards achieving budgeted sales target and spending time talking to and visiting customers.
- The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring we minimise the cost of third party transport by agreeing minimum free delivery order values.
- The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring we select customers of a credit worthy nature, agree the best payment terms for the company and where required he will assist the credit control team in getting payments from customers.
- Maintenance of effective working relationships is essential.
Resource / Information Management
- Monitor and control the use of resources (e.g. Cars, Phones, Samples etc) on a cost effective basis.
- Make recommendations for income generation and/or expenditure.
- Make recommendations for ways of improving Systems which will make the department more efficient.
- When working at home the Jobholder will ensure the same standards are met as apply when they are working in the London Head Office.
- Bullet points.
- Manage reports where applicable
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with peers and work colleagues, both within the department and throughout the company.
- Operate to high moral and personal standards.
- Maintain high standards of personal Discipline and attendance
- Assist in the development of junior department members
- Develop Self in line with Departmental Objectives
- Direct Report to Ingredients Sales Director
- Accurately record and store information.
- Obtain and evaluate information to aid decision-making.
- Contribute to discussions to solve problems and make decisions
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Become FSM team member on behalf of the Director of Sales & Marketing, being aware of and follow relevant health and safety policy, procedures and instructions.
- Being aware of and follow relevant health and safety policy, procedures and instructions.
- Contribute to a safe working environment.
- Report to direct manager any Health & Safety Hazard or accidents.
- Being responsible for his/her own safety.
- Based at the company’s premises at : Ilderton Road, Bermondsey, London SE15 1NS
- The distribution centre at Ilderton Road has a cold store operating below -18°C, a chilled storage facility at -2- +5°C and an ambient warehouse, office accommodation, a vehicle yard, and car park providing a secondary distribution service direct to the customer, spanning a 24 hour cycle. The job holder may on occasions be asked to work at outside warehouses/sites in a similar environment
- The job holder will work a minimum 40 hour week normally between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 Monday – Friday; however the job holder may on an occasional basis be asked to work outside these hours for the purposes of training, to meet specific business needs, or to work as dictated by business needs to fulfill the requirements of the post.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Contribute to the selling of safe and high quality products by being aware of and follow relevant food safety and quality policy, procedures and instructions.
- Report to direct manager any potential food safety and quality issues.
- Contribute to a hygienic work environment in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Apply for Business Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly