National Account Manager
Job Title: National Account Manager
Salary: £40-50K DOE
Sector/ Industry: FMCG
VAC - 24401
Would you like to become part of a fast growing FMCG Food Business in Central London?
If you are currently operating as a NAM, enjoy seeking new business and are looking for more responsibility, then this opportunity could be perfect for you! If you’re considering taking on a new challenge within the food industry please read on.
The Advocate Group are looking to appoint a National Account Manager at an ambitious food company. They are a passionate brand nestled in the heart of London.
My client are a major supplier of oils, marinades and glazes into the Food & Drink industry. They import, manufacture and supply a high volume of traditional and speciality ingredients across both the UK and worldwide. This range covers creams, oils, agave, dressings, creams and coconut.
The products are popular amongst healthy eaters, wellbeing and fitness individuals, keen cooks and home bakers. The products are currently available to buy from supermarkets and health food stores all across the UK. The products are produced using the finest natural ingredients of which are sourced from across the globe, including Mexico, South East Asia, Europe and Australia.
The business is made up of a small team and are looking for a hard worker who is willing to get stuck in with all aspects of the business. You will be a proactive in managing key accounts as well as hunting out new business opportunities! If you are a hardworking individual with a go-getter personality and an ambitious drive to succeed within the FMCG market, please read on…
- Seeking new business opportunities, predominantly across the Wholesale and Convenience channel
- Create, implement, review and revise detailed JBP which will drive the achievement of the account full year sales and volume budgets
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting the company products in an appropriate manner to make a sale
- Developing and maintaining relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Responding to incoming emails and phone enquiries
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement
- Ensuring close of sale
- Gathering market and customer information
- Negotiating on: price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on product developments and discussing special promotions
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system
- Reviewing your own personal sales performance, aiming to exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements
- Making accurate cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
- Impressive sales background within the food industry
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Target driven and a self-starter
- Able to understand key data & trends to make key & timely decisions
- Strong time management skills
- Driven team player
In return for this skillset, this organisation offers the chance to be a part of a fantastic team with a highly competitive salary and a great career path.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Fiona.email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.