FMCG Shopper Marketing Manager (West London)
- Contract Type
Fantastic Shopper Marketing opportunity at a major FMCG business based in West London with attractive, fun, high profile brands and a values-led, agile approach. Lots of autonomy with good flex around core hours/working from home and a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture.
Reporting into the Commercial Activation Controller you will have ownership of executing an insight based Shopper Strategy to deliver against Brand and Commercial objectives. Working across a significant portfolio of big brands the expectation is you will deliver market leading creative solutions, exploring progressive methods of shopper marketing to put the brands front of mind at point of purchase.
This role is pivotal to the success of the brands and plays a key role in building strong retailer relationships. Managing the day to day relationship with key customers and internal relationships with both the Sales Business Units, and the Brand Teams.
You are accountable for the planning and subsequent flawless execution of the Commercial Calendar. This will consist of both brand lead and retailer lead activation. A key component of the role will also be the evaluation of each key activity against brand and commercial metrics.
- Creation and execution of an insight based Shopper plan to deliver against commercial objectives
- Create compelling arguments and engage with key customers to understand their requirements and deliver value driving shopper marketing activity in these customers based on shopper toolkits provided by brand teams
- Lead Shopper Marketing planning at Customer Engagement Days
- Accountable for securing the shopper plans for all brands based on the Commercial Calendar
- Accountable for securing and deploying a significant budget deployed across and for managing and tracking this against plan.
- Accountable for Shopper Marketing processes that enable effective deployment of resources and shopper budget including decisions on brand vs retailer lead executions
- Accountable for the effective management of promotional materials and POS within warehousing facility.
- Evaluate shopper activations, capture learning's and make actionable recommendations
- Assess and improve existing ways of working through continuous improvement
Key skills & experience:
- Degree Educated or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of UK FMCG market and all channels
- Customer Facing experience within a marketing or sales environment in Grocery
- Understanding of key commercial levers, and P&L management, especially the impact of shopper spend on channel
- Ability to lead and influence others to land exceptional plans that effectively delivers against customer and brand objectives
- Ability to engage customers and internal stakeholders through strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of data sources, from which to analyse data and extract relevant insight
- Ideally previous experience in shopper or brand marketing area with convenience channel experience
- Experience of managing agencies on campaigns / creative development
- Experience of food/drinks category
- Brand marketing and or direct sales / channel management experience within FMCG
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive we're sometimes unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. Successful applicants should hear back within 2-5 days.