Senior Brand Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
Senior Brand Manager – Angel Delight, Cadbury Ambient Desserts, Birds.
Based in St Albans
- Britain’s biggest grocery business is looking for an experienced and energetic senior brand manager to help ignite growth on a portfolio of iconic brands.
- Today your brand portfolio is worth over £40 million retail sales. We have big ambitions to unleash breakthrough growth. Your challenge will be making it happen, including the opportunity to: i) untap the potential of the iconic Cadbury brand in Ambient desserts; ii) create the next chapter of the recent success story on Angel Delight; iii) take an innovative approach to create demand on heritage brand Bird’s.
- You will be the key brand and business owner (including P&L responsibility) within a dynamic team that spans full end-to-end workstream: from upstream innovation design, to delivery of your brand plans in the market, through to commercial activation in top UK retailers.
- Premier Foods gives you a unique opportunity to accelerate your skills as a marketer and business leader. We encourage a high degree of autonomy and entrepreneurship, while having the scale and resource to bring big ideas to life.
- This is why we are looking for a strong leader with proven marketing and commercial skills and a strong track record of results. You will need to be a capable strategic thinker. You will be comfortable analysing and deriving insights from different sources of consumer and market data. You will have a passion for creating new ideas and bringing them to life. You will be a strong team player with the ability to engage with a diverse set of stakeholders to achieve success.
- The success of Premier Foods depends on brands like these stepping up and unlocking their full potential. So if you like a challenge and want to help create a visible success story, this role could be a great fit for you.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business accountability for full P&L, market share and consumer penetration across your brand portfolio.
- Define and execute the growth strategy for each of your brands including: i) breakthrough results on Cadbury; ii) continued profitable growth on Angel Delight; iii) getting Birds into growth.
- Be the consumer expert for your categories. Partner with our Insights team to ‘bring the outside in’ on trends, consumer needs and competitive developments, to inspire fresh ideas.
- Lead key innovation projects through the gate process, based on robust consumer, category and shopper rationale and rigorous business cases, to ensure maximum chance of in market success. Bring innovation and brand plans to market, working with external agencies towards winning consumer activation.
- Lead key moments of the business cycle for your brands, including monthly leadership reviews and fiscal year planning.
- Work closely with retailer teams to build and execute in-store shopper marketing plans and ignite buyer support.
- Form extremely strong connections cross-functionally within the business, specifically with R&D, Category Management and Customer teams to facilitate successful innovation development and market delivery.
- Work closely with Mondelez, who own the licence for Cadbury desserts, to ensure all plans are approved on time in full
EXPERIENCES & COMPETENCIES
- 5-7 years successful marketing (brand building) experience within a market leading FMCG organisation.
- Someone who can make an impact and has delivered outstanding results in a fast moving dynamic environment.
- Strong bias for action and high degree of personal accountability.
- Good understanding and experience of working with the UK Grocery trade.
- Strong experience of working cross-functionally and leading projects to successful in-market delivery.
- An instinctive and strategic marketer, who ‘gets’ consumers and places them at the core of everything that they do.
- A commercially and analytically aware individual, who is comfortable developing and presenting business cases in an organisation which will only invest on the back of sound quantitative evidence.
- An individual who has a track record of getting the best out others with an inspiring, collaborative and inclusive style.
- Evidence of having a lack of patience with convention and a track record of setting a new standard in a way that a brand communicates with its consumers.
Apply for Senior Brand Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly