Reports To: Category Director
Department: Client Team
Based: RMG Head Office (Reading)
The story so far…
An Account Executive plays a key part in the account delivery here at Retail Marketing. You will work to provide operational excellence to the teams and achieve client satisfaction within your category. You will support the Account Manager and Category Director to deliver client activity, developing strong relationships within your category to provide outstanding service and experiences. Your key to success will be gaining a deep understanding of both your client(s) objectives, RMG’s proposition, and your category’s vision.
What’s expected of me in my role?
- To be a happy, fun and caring member of the RMGUK team.
- To own and deliver outstanding account support to your clients and category teams through operational delivery.
- Coordinate asset management to provide required tools for your client teams.
- Support internal system maintenance and admin.
- Ensure the Retail Marketing brand is represented positively for clients and teams for the best experience.
- Attend client meetings and events to ensure smooth running and provide first hand support.
- Proactively seek operational improvements within your category.
- To drive procurement and rate negotiation with external suppliers.
- Commercial awareness of business and client budgets to ensure processes are adhered to.
- Collaborate with internal departments to provide excellent service to your client and client teams.
- Support with business development opportunities, ensuring RMG stands out from the crowd.
- Drive engaging people experiences throughout all tasks.
What skills do I need to have?
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to influence, motivate and engage others.
- The ability to identify opportunities and activate them.
- The ability to visualise and communicate solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Understanding of business financials e.g. Purchasing process and budgets.
What experience should I have?
- Experience working in a demanding, fast paced, operational environment.
- Keen interest or experience with consumer electronics brands.
- Client facing experience.
- Experience of effective project ownership with multiple stakeholder involvement.
- Experience working with Microsoft office.