Category Insights Manager
Fancy working within one of the fastest growing FMCG companies in the UK? Interested in a broader Category Management position which incorporates market insights and shopper marketing? Based in Greater Manchester this is a fantastic opportunity which will see you take hold of a varied customer portfolio extending beyond the major MULTs.
You can expect to walk into the following:
- A pacey operation which needs someone who can step up and adapt when needed
- An exciting, developing and highly interesting operation which will see you challenged by complexity and NPD opportunities
This is not one of the ‘usual suspects’ and you must be versatile, resourceful, adaptable and open minded and in return you will be part of a supportive FMCG business who are growing at significant pace and will see you develop you career as the business grows.
This FMCG business is a hidden gem and operates both a branded and private label portfolio calling on a global operation. Having seen significant growth over the past few years they’re now in a position to appoint another Category Manager into the team who will work with the Category and Insights Director to develop an insight led culture. Responsibilities will include:
- The management and execution of the provision of insights to deliver the customer and channel plans to a number of different channels
- Supporting the brand team with insights for brand planning and execution
- Identifying and managing qualitative research projects including NPD and innovation
- Full traditional category management; category range reviews, trend analysis, gap analysis, retail presentations etc.
- Coach and mentor one direct report
Successful candidates will be up for a challenge and be able to thrive in complexity and in a business where there is a lot to absorb.
- You will already operate in the FMCG space, used to using and interpreting the likes of Kantar, Nielsen, Dunnhumby and IRI data working with Top 6 Grocery retail
- You will be highly analytical, able to turn pure numbers to meaningful insight
- Naturally inquisitive and a dependable character who ensures delivery
- Versatile and resourceful, precise, and happy to work with sometimes unclear information
- Customer facing, presenting category range reviews and hold strong knowledge of Grocery Retail
This is not an opportunity to be missed and one which will challenge you and no doubt grow your skill set. If you’d like to find out more, please don’t hesitate in applying or getting in touch for a confidential conversation.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.