Senior National Account Manager
We are looking for a Senior National Account Manager to focus on customer retention, developing strategic customer account plans and joint business plans to maximise profitability.
This is an exciting role, where you will also manage a member of the National Accounts Team, using your leadership and coaching skills to nurture their career development.
My client is a market leading FMCG (Food) business who are looking for a Senior National Account Manager to join their team and manage their key accounts with a P&L responsibility of circa £30 million. This role is highly strategic will line management responsibilities.
The Senior National Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Delivering the budgeted volume, value and gross margin through negotiating price agreements, planning promotional activity and introducing new products.
- Expanding the company's relationship with the accounts by coordinating all inter-company communication and activity.
- Substantial experience managing national and international food retail accounts with specific ability to negotiate tenders and similar pricing arrangements. This should include negotiation and category management.
- Maximising the future potential of the accounts by compiling, agreeing and implementing account plans in line with Company strategy.
- Ensuring smooth running of administration through timely and accurate completion of all pricing, rebate and accrual paperwork.
The ideal candidate will ideally display:
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Excellent negotiation skills
- First rate communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Organised and effective time planner
- Abillty to prioritise workload by importance
- Strong numerical skills and ability to analyse data
- Product knowledge and above average understanding of the industry/role requirements
- A passion for driving costs out of the business & increasing profitability
- Team player
- Ability to think outside the box and drive innovation
- Open minded and able to embrace and influence change
- Able to work under pressure in a competitive market place and gain market advantage
- Ethical and honest
- A "can do and will do" attitude.
- Able to deliver results
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced FMCG Sales environment. This is a home based role however, the South East England is preferred. There is a generous remuneration package for more information please apply.