Customer Account Executive - Retail Sales
In conjunction with the Senior Customer Manager and the Business Unit Controller, responsible for the day to day management and development off the business and trading relationships with Convenience Customer portfolios. In conjunction with the Senior Customer Manager and Business Unit Controller, achieve the budgeted volume and margin as a minimum, within the Convenience channel.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- In conjunction with the SCM and BUC, develop and monitor performance of the Joint Business Plans. Update weekly and monthly trackers on variances vs targets with action plans to rectify.
- In conjunction with the SCM, establish maximum “efficient” product range – achieve as a minimum the core range distribution and distribution gain targets will be set.
- In conjunction with SCM, create and deliver bespoke NPD launch presentations in line with launch date objectives, review post launch with recommendations to maximise success.
- Ownership and development of the 12 month promotional programme to include pre and post promotion evaluations, promotion proposals to customer, plus recommendations for future promotions.
- Liaise with customer marketing to obtain category leadership within the account, and identify new opportunities.
- Develop, nurture and exploit 360 degree customer contact matrix and 360 degree internal contact matrix– contact with teams at customers head office, and close liaison with all relevant departments including supply chain, customer marketing, marketing.
- Lead contact for Convenience to help maintain efficient supply chain management performance through weekly updates of forecast, internal forecast reviews, external meetings with customer supply chain at head office on monthly basis via 30/60/90.
- Liaise with Logobrand and internally, to maximise our availability and sales in Customer and other accounts .
- Effectively complete daily administration/communication requirements in an accurate and timely manner both internally and externally.
- Actively be involved in Channel project work and helping the SCM and BUC deliver set business objectives. Identify Supply chain efficiencies and opportunities available to benefit McCain with Customers.
- Provide the SCM and other departments with field intelligence, particularly on competitor activity and new product launches gained whilst visiting accounts and stores.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process.
- Educated to degree level – Essential
- FMCG environment–Desirable
- Retail Link Experience – Desirable
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of market trends- Desirable
- Knowledge of Store operations and how to influence change - Desirable
- Strong analytical skills - Essential
- Competent numerical and literacy skills- Essential
- Good communication skills- Essential
- Be able to influence - Desirable
- High level computing skills- Essential
- Must hold a driving licence – Essential
Internal: Customer marketing, consumer marketing, customer operations, finance, supply chain
External: Buying, merchandising, supply chain, marketing, operations Logobrand
Ensures Accountability – Holding self and other accountable to meet commitments.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what need to be said.
Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. (People Managers only)
Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
If you are ready for a new challenge working with a global FMCG business that will offer you ongoing career progression and development then click on the link to apply!