FMCG Senior Brand Manager - big budget drinks brand
This must be one of the most exciting Senior Brand Manager vacancies in the FMCG industry right now! A fantastic opportunity to take on one of the biggest success stories in the UK drinks industry and lead the brand through its next chapter, developing and executing leading edge marketing strategies across the UK. You'll have a passion for (and understanding of) the drinks industry, and impressive experience in owning and delivering commercial brand marketing plans and building relationships and influencing key stakeholders.
Leverage a multi-million pound marketing budget and manage multiple agencies to engage and inspire consumers through 360-degree activation programs within an FMCG environment. Drive all levels of the P&L to deliver incremental turnover and optimize profitability, applying value management and ROI principles.
You'll be self starting, action oriented, collaborative, with vision, drive, and tenacity to make things happen. Ideally you'll already be at a similar level in your career and ready to take on something big for a defining role. You can expect a rewarding culture, great career development opportunities and a top package.
- Develop and execute the marketing strategies
- Develop and implement annual marketing plans
- Effectively administer the brand marketing budget and allocate spend
- Project manage agreed elements of the annual plan including ATL media, BTL promotional activity, PR
- Develop strong relationships with other departments, especially customer marketing, sales and production
- Establish and maintain a positive, transparent, proactive working relationship with international partners
- Ensure all agencies deliver creative excellence, the highest level of service and strong cost control
- Positively and passionately, champion the brands internally and externally
- Deliver budgeted volume, profit and commercial targets
- Lead the integration of category strategy into the commercial brand and activity plans
Key Skills and experience:
- Ability to build and maintain strong, win/win business relationships
- Ability to influence across functions, in particular Sales & Licensees
- Strong commercial skills, competent at applying value management & ROI principles with through the line thinking
- Understands customers needs and grasps channel marketing and Category Management (some On Trade knowledge is desirable)
- Analytical, familiar with using data to construct business cases
- Extensive FMCG experience essential, alcohol industry experience not necessary but desirable
- Strong experience in a consumer brands role (scale or premium brands desirable)
- Solid marketing mix experience; ATL advertising development and media planning experience, including multiple agency management
- Experienced at evaluating all levels of the P&L to drive turnover and optimising profitability, showing a high degree of commercial insight impacting both short and long term
- Proficient at developing positioning and strategy for a portfolio of brands and prioritising appropriate resources against it
- Experienced at managing international and / or licensed brands (desirable)
*Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive we're sometimes unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. Successful applicants should hear back within 2-5 days.