Grocery National Account Manager
National Account Manager - Grocery
Better Placed are pleased to be working with a category leading food manufacturer in the North West who are looking for an established National Account Manager to join their successful sales team. Do you have a strong background managing grocery P&L accounts and experience working for a large FMCG business? If this sounds like you and you're looking for your second rotation in a NAM position before taking a step up to SNAM level then this could be the opportunity you're waiting for.
Our client is a well known food business with a reputation for continuous NPD and innovation. Home to some of the most well known household name brands, our client is a well established business and a great place for you to develop your national account career.
- Developing and implementing a commercial Joint Business Plans (JBP's) with the customer
- Delivering profitable and sustainable sales growth
- Controlling budgets and forecasting
- Launching and driving NPD
- Executing all promotional plans for product portfolio
- Liaising cross-functionally with NPD, Category and Marketing
- Building strong relationships with customer and key stakeholders
- Maintaining daily contact with customer and attending regular face-to-face meetings
- Keeping up with key category trends and identifying new business opportunities
What we need from you:
- Graduate calibre
- National account background within FMCG food is a must
- Minimum 3 years in national accounts
- Account management experience with grocery accounts (Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda/Morrisons/Waitrose/Co-op all accepted)
- Great communicator both written and verbal
- Strong numerical skills
- Commercially astute with strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Background in stimulating account growth
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary and an excellent package
- The opportunity to be part of a business with one of the strongest cultures in FMCG
- A great working environment, with like-minded, driven individuals, who work together as a collaborative and dynamic team
- Outstanding opportunities for development, and a business that promotes from within
- Autonomy to manage your own Top 4 account
- Flexible working, with the opportunity to work from home as well as in the office
- Excellent surrounding teams, with experts in Category & Marketing to liaise with and create the best possible results
This is a unique opportunity and not one to be missed so please get in touch to find out more!