National Account Manager
National Account Manager
Key Account Manager – Wholesale, FMCG Sales, FMCG Data, Central South England
Rewards: - Up to £45,000 Basic + 10% Bonus + Car Allowance (Circa £5k) + Pension + Laptop + Phone & home office etc.
Our client is major global provider of Data and Business Intelligence to the FMCG sector giving businesses large insight and information in order to drive sales growth.
The role of the Wholesale Key Account Manager is to partner with our clients customer(s), to ensure their long-term success through regular collaboration, networking and training with the customer’s teams and their suppliers to ensure a great customer experience and the successful delivery of our solutions. They will need to understand their customer(s) / suppliers(s) key growth strategy and support them by the use of our clients system to identify any potential growth areas, that will in turn add value, drive profitable sales, increase income streams and provide a return on investment to all parties against our clients system.
The primary focus of the role is to build and maintain strong relationships with their key wholesaler(s) and their suppliers, to deliver year on year renewals of existing and new data subscriptions and revenue, plus use any other activities or initiatives as required, to grow our income or add value.
The National Account Manager will need to spend time each week on site with the wholesaler to build a strong network of contacts, to work with them collaboratively as a trusted partner. They will also spend time every week in the office to liaise face to face with cross-functional and internal teams, to ensure we deliver a great customer experience, providing timely and successful delivery of our solutions and executing with excellence.
- Proven work experience in FMCG Wholesale and / or Retail sector
- Solid experience in sales account management/ relationship manager and/or customer service, category management, buying.
- A strong and effective negotiator, with demonstrable experience in meeting clients requirements
- Sound grasp of all elements of the commercial mix, strong commercial judgment and clarity of thinking
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Confident nature, good presentation skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and persuade at a Senior level
- To be able to demonstrate tenacity, determination and assertiveness, plus manage conflict when necessary
- The ability to realise objectives without constant referral, to manage multiple tasks and perform under pressure
- Excellent experience with Data, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent numeracy skills with experience of analysing performance and market data
- Availability to travel as required
Covering a territory from Northamptonshire down to London candidates will be considered who reside within this area of the country including: Northampton, London, Norwich, Ipswich, Essex, Hertfordshire, Reading, Slough, Bristol, Leicestershire, Oxford, Cambridge, Luton, Home Counties.
If interested please contact Ciaran Atkinson on 0113 308 8047 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org