At Premier Foods, our purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life. And we’ve been doing it for a long time - many of our much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century.
Full time, permanent
Based in High Wycombe
- To work as part of a team carrying out microbiological challenge testing studies in support of NPD and troubleshooting.
- To support the business with microbial food safety and quality issues as appropriate.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To perform challenge testing of products including:
- Culture preparation
- Sample preparation
- Microbiological analysis
- Plate counting
- Data review
- To perform product profiling - pH and water activity analysis for microbiological risk assessment.
- To partake in appropriate, timely and effective response to any microbial food safety issues.
- To perform all duties in accordance with ISO 17025 principles.
- To perform all necessary housekeeping functions and other general duties as required.
- To work within the company H&S requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a UKAS accredited Food/Water Microbiology laboratory, operating at least to a Technician level and will have a working knowledge of all functions including:
- LIMS and sample log in
- Sample preparation and dilution
- Media plating
- Plate reading and reporting
- Product profiling - pH and water activity analysis
- Confirmation tests and pathogen detection tests
- Media preparation
- Culture maintenance and preparation
- Challenge testing including culture/sample preparation and inoculation techniques
However, consideration will be given to candidates with less experience, as full on job training will be provided.