At Premier Foods, our purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life. And we’ve been doing it for a long time - many of our much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century.
Full time, permanent
Based in High Wycombe
- To work as part of a team carrying out microbiological challenge testing studies in support of NPD and troubleshooting.
- To support the business with microbial food safety and quality issues as appropriate.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To perform challenge testing of products including:
- Culture preparation
- Sample preparation
- Microbiological analysis
- Plate counting
- Data review
- To perform product profiling - pH and water activity analysis for microbiological risk assessment.
- To partake in appropriate, timely and effective response to any microbial food safety issues.
- To perform all duties in accordance with ISO 17025 principles.
- To perform all necessary housekeeping functions and other general duties as required.
- To work within the company H&S requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a UKAS accredited Food/Water Microbiology laboratory, operating at least to a Technician level and will have a working knowledge of all functions including:
- LIMS and sample log in
- Sample preparation and dilution
- Media plating
- Plate reading and reporting
- Product profiling - pH and water activity analysis
- Confirmation tests and pathogen detection tests
- Media preparation
- Culture maintenance and preparation
- Challenge testing including culture/sample preparation and inoculation techniques
However, consideration will be given to candidates with less experience, as full on job training will be provided.
Apply for Microbiology Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly