Category Manager West Midlands | Care products | Branded
We are currently recruiting an ambitious Category Manager for a well-known branded care products retailer. They are currently experiencing a period of rapid growth as they expand into the European market and are expanding their teams across all aspects of the business. The business is very much a family and offer long term career development prospects for the right individual.
- Develop broad and deep relationships, based on credibility and trust with key customers
- Develop and deliver annual category strategy and plans to identify significant category opportunities for key retailers in Ireland and the UK.
- Present compelling category selling stories to shape retailers’ category thinking so that they act upon and implement category recommendations
- Work with NAMs to support key strategic objectives
- Develop, test and roll out category and shopper marketing strategies that drive main fixture forward
- Review results of commercial initiatives to determine their effectiveness Vs consumer/shopper objectives.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party data and Shopper Research agencies as relevant.
- Be degree educated with extensive category experience in a highly commercial organisation
- Be able to operate at a Strategic Leadership level with experience of both line management and working with cross-functional teams
- Be able to demonstrate experience of developing and delivering innovative and successful insight activity.
The business believes having the right attitude that fits with their values is as important as your ability. You should be:
- Passionate, energetic and driven keen to succeed
- A dedicated team player willing to support and engage with colleagues as required
- Assertive but personable, good at influencing others, getting them to do things for you when you need them to
- Able to anticipate issues, proactively seek information and devise well-reasoned solutions
- Able to communicate at all levels, generating positive relationships with peers and external teams
- Systems literate with the ability to manage large amounts of data analysis
- Driven by a desire to make a difference, excited by the challenge to improve every day, and celebrate success - for yourself or others
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in FMCG Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, NPD jobs, Technical jobs & Category jobs across the UK.