Technical Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Job Title: Technical Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Salary: £90,000 - £100,000 plus bonus, plus LTIP
Job Ref: RW/5987S
Our client is looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) with technical background to oversee the operations of the organisation to meet business goals and projections. You will work alongside the CEO to execute the company vision, put procedures and resources in place to promote scaling, optimise inefficient areas in the organisation and coordinate with department heads.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so they expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, they’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth through global expansion.
Responsibilities of the Chief Operating Officer (COO):
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Oversee the relevant operations of the organisation to meet business goals and projections.
- Oversee daily work of executives (development, product introduction, quality in co-operation/conjunction with plans of R&D Department).
- Motivate staff to meet or surpass organisational goals.
- Coordinate with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees.
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
- Participate in international expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.).
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
Requirements of the Chief Operating Officer (COO):
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role.
- Familiarity with the operational procedures at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Ability to inspire employees to live up to their potential and optimise their productivity.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
Our client, a high-tech innovative Plc company is seeking a commercial and strategically minded COO with a broad scope of responsibilities to support the company and drive growth. This is an outstanding time to join a dynamic, fast growing and ambitious business offering world class products and services and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as COO for a company or division, combined with recent broader commercial experience.
- Demonstrate outstanding commercial and strategic awareness and acumen.
- High levels of organisation, planning, numeracy, communication and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership capability, inspiring teams and building strong internal and external business relationships.
- Technical knowledge in Product Development from idea to commercialisation.
- Experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us on 01275 813000.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.