Interim Senior Category Manager
A blue chip FMCG company is looking for a category manager for a 12 month fixed term contract to help shore up the team during a busy time. This role is a client facing role which will involve developing category plans and presenting them to grocery clients on an ongoing basis.
You will be working with the sales team providing them with key data and analysis to help them pull together their JBPs and promotion plans. You will also be liaising with the marketing teams helping them develop shopper and brand plans that will fit alongside the category vision.
During the year there will be work around range reviews and some of the SKUs are category leaders so you will be providing insight, advice and recommendations to the client to help them increase overall sales.
The key metric you will be working with is category growth and developing plans that will allow the organisation to take advantage of their position in the market.
This organisation is one of the leading companies in its sector and their products are used globally. One of the key priorities for the client is staff development and satisfaction making sure that they retain as many of their good people as possible.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Strong category management experience from within an FMCG blue chip
- Good client facing skills and the ability to influence and manage key buyers
- Experience of using databases such as Neilson, Kantar, Dunnhumby and Nectar
- Experience of working with a category leading FMCG product
- Experience of working with the big 4 grocers
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Excellent understanding of PowerPoint and Excel
- Good verbal and numerical skills
If you are interested in the role please click on the link below.
Vertical Advantage Interim specialise in interim Sales and Marketing, Marketing Communications and Marketing insight roles. If this role is not right for you but you are interested in interim roles please forward your CV or visit our website at www.vertical-advantage.com