The Company : SOS Wholesale is a cash & carry and delivered wholesale business located in Derby. Founded in 1996, this family business has grown during the interim years and now operates from a 70,000 sq foot warehouse. SOS Wholesale are proud members of Todays Group.
4,500 lines are stocked ( comprising - Groceries, Confectionery, Soft Drinks, Cakes, Biscuits, Toiletries, Petfood, Household & Wine ) & are available to our core customer base of value discount, independent, & convenience retailers.
Main Responsibilities :
- Reporting to the MD & Trading Director.
- Build strong, collaborative & lasting supplier relationships.
- Effective cost price & margin management. Commercially focussed.
- Identify & deliver cost savings. Review systems for stock movements.
- Collaborate with in-house designer to produce monthly promotional magazine.
- Ensure all products comply legally.
- Product range development.
- Manage, motivate & inspire colleagues in Buying Team.
- Represent business at buying group Trade Shows & Events.
- Analyse purchasing related data and make recommendations.
The Candidate :
- Minimum of 3 years Food & BWS buying experience.
- Detailed understanding of Cash & Carry, Wholesale, Value Discount, Independent, Convenience & Export Markets.
- Well connected with supplier network.
- Self starter - quick to identify opportunities.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Well presented.
- Excellent communicator.
- Results driven.
- IT Literate.
- Strong Negotiator.
- Ideas Generator.
- Team Player.
- Effective & inspiring people management skills
- Knowledge Of Sandersons Swords business systems and CIPS qualification an advantage but not essential.
- Full UK driving licence required.
Benefits : Competitive starting salary ( DOE )
Applications : Use the link provided to send your CV or send hard copy to Carol Nash, HR Manager, SOS Wholesale Limited, Stores Road, Derby, DE21 4BD Applications are welcome from outside the East Midlands area.