Wholesale Development Manager (Field Based)
Job Title: Wholesale Development Manager (Field Based)
Location: East & West Midlands, South West & East Anglia
Job Sector: Foodservice / Food Manufacturer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000 p.a (DOE) + OTE + car / car allowance
Job Reference: SS/20697
A rapidly growing, international speciality food manufacturer based from the UK, offering a ‘Good, Better, Best’ offering to a varied Foodservice customer base.
About the Role:
Working as a Wholesale Development Manager covering the The Midlands, South West & East Anglia areas, you will be required to manage the commercial relationships with both future and existing independent wholesale customers (approximately 20) in line with company strategy and budgets.
You will build and form positive and effective working relationships at each level of the customer’s organisation, from Telesales Operators through to Managing Director.
Due to the location of the clients, a high degree of flexibility and organisation will inevitably be required. Specific duties will include;
- Achieve and preferably exceed sales and profitability budgets for the portfolio of accounts.
- Identify key end users and manage these to ensure loyalty to the company brands and maximise ‘pull through’.
- Work within the agreed levels of cost; focusing on key areas of influence; samples, local promotions, trading terms (advertising/marketing support) and special customer pricing where appropriate.
- Agree a business development plan for/with each key customer.
- Review (and re-negotiate if appropriate) MOQ and discount terms in light of trading performance and potential.
- Ensure (wherever possible) that wholesalers purchase from the published range of products.
- Manage the enquiry process efficiently from initial contact through to trading customer.
- Have shared accountability for prompt payment of all outstanding monies.
- Produce any reports required by the Channel Director.
Key Skills/Experience/Qualifications Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Wholesale Development Manager, you must possess the following;
- A successful field sales and account management track record – ideally gained from within Wholesale Foodservice and even better, from a manufacturer.
- Live in a centrally based location (ideally between The Midlands/Bristol/East Anglia) due to the locations you will have to cover.
- Target driven.
- Strong relationship building abilities.
- A full UK driving license.
In return for your role as Wholesale Development Manager, you will receive the following remuneration;
- Salary of up to £40,000 p.a (depending on experience).
- Car/car allowance.
- 25 days holiday.
- Contributory pension.
- Private healthcare.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us on 01275 813000.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Wholesale Development Manager (Field Based)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly