Junior Category Manager
Are you a data analyst looking to develop your career in an interesting fast paced environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a leading and globally recognised heritage Brand?
You will find:
- An opportunity where you can use and develop your analysis and communication skills
- An FMCG business which offers a team spirited and close knit working environment where you can really push on with your career
This FMCG business have a global presence with the head office based in Merseyside. Their Brand is well known and renowned in the category, and quite something of a ‘taste sensation’ with all the innovation in the pipeline! The culture offers career development opportunities and a pacey and dynamic working environment which is built around their people who are at the heart of everything they do.
As Category Analyst/ Junior Category Manager you will work hand in hand with the Top 4 Grocery Retailers/ Discount Retail providing ‘killer insights’ to support the growth of the Brand. Your role will develop to include:
- Interpretation and analysis of data, reviewing gaps, shelf space, trends, promotional activity etc to provide ongoing reports
- Category range review, evaluation and rationalization
- Provide actionable insights to improve Brand visibility in store
- Identify current and future category segment dynamics
- Translation of analysis to meaningful insight, presenting findings to internal and external commercial teams building strong relationships
- Collaborate with the National Accounts team to deliver compelling insight to the Grocery Retailers
Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience in striking a balance between data analysis and drawing meaningful insight, and successfully building strong customer relationships, enjoying presenting to and advising the customer. You will also:
- Already operate in a Retail environment, FMCG or Consumer Durables, in a role that requires analysis and customer relationship management at head office level
- Be numerate, with strong excel skills
- Be an excellent communicator, able to negotiate and influence
- Be able to develop strong customer relationships at head office level, building rapport, trust and a collaborative way of working
- Be highly analytical, able to analysis different sets of data and translate into something meaningful (IRI, Nielsen, Dunhumby, EPOS)
- Be service orientated, a good listener with a can do attitude who is keen to develop practical and compelling solutions
This is a fabulous business with significant opportunity for further development. With an inspiring leadership team and an amazing Brand, makes for a fantastic working environment. If you’re in a Category, Buying or Finance role presently and looking for a new direction, this could be for you!
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.
Apply for Junior Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly