Chief Executive (CEO)
EIT Food was created in 2016 by a partner consortium of 50 leading businesses, research centres and universities across 13 EU countries, with the aim to put Europe at the centre of transformation in food innovation and production with a central role for the consumer. For that purpose, it will, amongst others, support the creation of start-ups, develop new products and services and train students. It is funded by EIT (European Institute of Innovation & Technology), an independent EU body and the consortium partners, with a budget of €1.5 billion, spread over 7 years (https://eit.europa.eu/eit-community/eit-food).
EIT Food has its head office in Leuven (near Brussels) and also has co-location centres in Leuven, Reading (UK), Madrid, Munich and Warsaw. It has a permanent staff of around 40 people.
The CEO will:
- Further develop the strategic agenda of EIT Food, involving all partners and EIT.
- Further build and manage the team.
- Establish effective channels of coordination, communication and reporting within the organisation and with EIT.
- Be the spokesperson of EIT Food towards external parties.
- Report to EIT Food’s Supervisory Board.
Candidates should fulfil following criteria:
- Have shown at least 10 years of a successful leadership at senior level in a corporate environment or academic setting.
- Have knowledge and experience in technology or innovation functions in the agro/food sector.
- Have a successful track record in building organisations, businesses and multi-party consortia.
- Be multicultural and be fluent in English.
- Have at least a Master’s degree.
The EIT Food are interested to receive applications from all suitably qualified candidates independent of gender, ethnicity, or religion. Applications from citizens of member state countries are particularly welcome.
If you are interested in this position, further details of the CEO role specification can be found under the link www.eitfood.eu/about-us/our-job-openings/ceo-eit-food Applications including your motivation letter and full CV should be sent to EIT Food at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all applications is September 8, 2018.