Key / National Account Manager
Hugworld International Distributions SL is a young company, privately owned and formed in Madrid 15 years ago, specialising in the design, production and sale of Home Fragrance products.
With a turnover of €20m, they hold the prestigious market leadership role, with the No.1 Reed Diffuser and No.1 Car Freshener in the Spanish market. Distribution is widespread across major grocers, garden centres, department stores, and convenience stores.
In 2016, we embarked on a global expansion programme which has now seen sales and marketing subsidiaries set up in the UK, France and Mexico, with new distributor agreements signed in Russia and China.
Products range from 18ml to 180ml Reed Diffusers, Car Fresheners and Candles, with a solid and exciting innovation funnel from the design team to develop and launch new formats to each sector.
Hugworld Cristalinas UK Limited is based in the outskirts of Manchester, and already boasts several leading Grocers amongst its client base. With sales growth more than doubling in 2017, and double again planned for 2018, we are looking for a versatile, energetic and innovative Key / National Account Manager to join the team at this exciting time.
The Role- Key / National Account Manager
Responsibilities will be varied, as this is not a classic Account Manager role.
In that the successful applicant will join the UK Commercial Director in unlocking the 3 year plan, and supporting growth across:
- Multiple Grocers
- DIY stores & garden centres
- E-Commerce- “Bricks & Clicks”
Furthermore You will take full P&L responsibility for 2-3 smaller National Account Customers; so there will be a great deal of autonomy, and an atmosphere where entrepreneurship, determination and passion will be rewarded.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the category & channel and to use this knowledge to deliver high growth with your customers through demonstration of an objective category/customer focused approach.
- Win & Managing New Business
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions. (for smaller accounts)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines. (for smaller accounts)
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Product/Brand plans to the Customer Base
We are open to candidates who ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within FMCG or Consumer Durable industry whether that be across Brand or Own/Private Label; ideally with direct experience of Commercial Account Management at either a Key or National Account Management level.
Candidates must also be:
- Initiative Based, Well Disciplined & Action Focused
- Highly Customer Centric- If you’re not in with Customers or In-Store, then you are thinking about how you can “add value” to Customers.
- Ideally some level of experience working in an Entrepreneurial/SME Style Business.
- Highly Ambitious & Driven- You must have the desire to makes things happen and want to “win” (in the right way of course)
- High levels of Integrity/Professionalism- In that you will be very open with any mistakes/miss-calculations that you may make.
We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive; therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.
Apply for Key / National Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly