Job title: Sales Representative
Location: South West – ideally based Devon, Somerset, Bristol, Wiltshire
Salary: Up to £34,000 plus £6,000 bonus, Mercedes / BMW car, credit card, pension, 25 days holiday, healthcare
Market: Garden Products
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/20563
- Leading garden trade brand with a reputation for product excellence.
- Extensive range with strong trade support.
- A modern business with excellent leadership.
An international business offering strong garden trade brands with impressive distribution throughout the garden, DIY and grocery trade. Constant product innovation and promotions provide huge opportunities for increased sales and the job holder will be tasked with delivering sales and distribution gains in this key area.
The Role of Sales Representative:
Our Sales Representative will cover the South West of England - Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Bristol, BANES, Wiltshire and part of Hampshire. Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and working to an effective journey plan that maximises customer contact time.
- Regular meetings with existing and prospect customers to build strong relationships.
- Identifying customer opportunities that will be met by your products and securing sales orders.
- Planning every sales appointment in order to achieve objectives.
- Driving sales growth and strong partnerships.
The person for this Sales Representative opportunity:
We are looking for a high calibre Sales Representative from a garden trade or DIY supplier. Specific qualities will include:
- Home location in Devon, Somerset, Bristol, BANES or Wiltshire.
- Proven experience as a Sales Representative or Merchandiser.
- Experience of working in the garden centre trade.
- Knowledge of dealing with independent retailers.
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to create eye catching displays.
- Skilled at fact finding, questioning and verbal clarity.
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Empathy and the ability to build strong working relationships.
An intelligent, articulate and numerate Sales Representative with great communication skills would be rewarded by a challenging and enjoyable working environment with significant opportunity for further progression.
As well as an attractive basic salary this opportunity offers a performance-based bonus, Mercedes / BMW company car, generous pension plan, healthcare, 5 weeks holiday, company credit card, mobile and laptop
Closing date for applications is Friday 10 August
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us on 01275 813000.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Sales Representative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly