National Accounts Manager
Job title: National Accounts Manager
Location: Midlands / North West
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 plus sales bonus, quality car, fuel card, credit card, pension and healthcare
Sector: Pet Trade
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/20686
- One of the best suppliers in this market.
- Inherit an established role with considerable scope for growth.
- New Midlands head office and impressive warehouse facility.
Exciting designs, a commitment to product development, strong brands and first-class customer relationships make this long-established company a real success story. Supplying grocery, garden and pet retailers in 45 countries they have the range, prices and service levels to impress the most demanding buyers in the business. They achieve consistent growth and can offer a definite career opportunity to an ambitious individual.
The role of National Accounts Manager:
You will inherit a well-established business base of 5/6 national account customers in the grocery / high street channel. Reporting to the Sales Director you will implement a strategy to maximise sales and margin in each account. Key responsibilities will include:
- Frequent contact with customers’ buying teams in order to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Create permanent, seasonal and promotional offers that deliver value and margin.
- Offer branded and own-label solutions.
- Negotiate trading terms, implement promotions and conduct annual range reviews.
- Use trading data to create powerful sales arguments.
- Excellent internal communication to support accurate forecasting and minimise channel conflict.
You will report to and be supported by the Sales Director. This role will be home based with a weekly visit to the Midlands office.
The person for this National Account Manager’s role:
We are looking for an experienced, modern, data led National Account Manager with experience of working with demanding grocery trade buyers.
- Ideally based in the West Midlands, Gloucester, Cheshire, Birmingham area.
- At least 3 years of experience as a National Accounts Manager.
- Experience dealing with major high street retailers.
- A proven track record of delivering successful range reviews and growing sales.
- Astute negotiation skills that provide win win solutions.
- A determined character with a proven track record of achievement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Numerate and IT literate.
This role offers a negotiable basic salary and a performance based bonus c£7000 per annum. A quality company car (to £30,000 value) is provided together with a fuel card, credit card, iPhone, iPad, laptop and 22 days holiday. More importantly this is a great career move for an ambitious individual seeking a forward thinking business.
To apply please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications Friday 10 August
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us on 01275 813000.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for National Accounts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly