Assistant Buyer – Job Advert:
JW Lees has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join the Purchasing Team. Do you want to work for a sixth-generation award winning family brewery, who will give you the opportunity and exposure to do what you do best, who will support you with your ongoing training and development and also towards achieving your MCIPS qualification?
We’re going further to brew great times. Want to be part of it?
It all started for us in 1828 and although we brew some delicious beers and run some magnificent pubs we know it would be nothing without great people. As an Assistant Buyer, you’ll get the chance to shine, contribute to our success each and every day and our team will give you their full support to help you to rise to the top.
With barrels of personality and enthusiasm by the gallon, you’ll be an expert in communication and know how to work well as part of a team. Leading by example, your work ethic will set the bar high and you’ll be as interesting and exciting as our award-winning ales. Ideally a professional in your field or one in the making, you’ll remain super cool under pressure and have a passion for setting and delivering outstanding and memorable customer experiences.
As an Assistant Buyer at JW lees your responsibilities will include:
- Take on specific projects in sourcing and commercial negotiation to ensure that the company gets the best value for money in the goods and services it buys.
- Support the Purchasing Manager by researching specific supply markets to understand their impact on purchasing strategies.
- Support the Managed House team with new acquisitions and refurbishments
- Maintain a record of all contracts and assist in compiling a sourcing plan
- Monitor the cost savings performance of the Purchasing Department
- Maintain good communication with all internal departments and external stakeholders
- Manage and maintain purchasing data in systems i.e. food ordering system and recipe management system.
- Negotiating with suppliers of indirect products and services
- Assisting in the sourcing of products to meet customer demands
- Maintaining an efficient and professional purchasing team
- Ensuring all purchase orders are placed promptly with the most cost-effective supplier
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities to increase company profits through more efficient buying.
- At least 12 months procurement experience (Graduate Business Experience will be considered).
- Bright, energetic and enthusiastic with strong interpersonal, analytic, Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to multitask and to have a "can do" attitude.
- Ability to work alone but to also be part of a larger team.
- IT literate - intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience with indirect services or facilities management
- CIPS qualification would be advantageous or studying towards
- Support will be given to help you work towards achieving the MCIPS qualification.
Our six values run through everything we do, and we’ll expect that you are…
- Proud: Proud of JW Lees, Our people, Our pubs, our beers and our food.
- Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
- Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
- Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
- Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-ones a number here!
- Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
Are you the Assistant Buyer extraordinaire that we’re looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
First stage group assessments will take place on the afternoon of Thursday 23rd August at our Greengate Brewery, Manchester (start time 1pm).