4 days left
- Contract Type
Start-up in fast, competitive UK Grocery sector seeks experienced FMCG Marketing Manager to develop and drive strategy and grow core brand portfolio. Challenger brand or SME/start up experience preferred.
Our client successfully launched over 7 years ago and already has great distribution in FMCG retailers. They have ambitious growth plans for the next 3-5 years through distribution and NPD
Reporting into the Head of Marketing and managing 2 direct reports, this is a crucial and important hire. You will be guardian of brand identity and positioning & be the voice of the consumer for the business.
The key remit of this role is to develop and execute the ambitious marketing agenda for 2018, achieving sales and profit targets and then to create a strategy for further growth into 2019 and beyond.
It’s an exciting time to join this authentic, fast-paced and high-growth business with plans for a first major integrated multi-touch point consumer campaign to drive awareness, trial and household penetration - working closely with agencies (advertising, PR, partnerships, digital, events, sampling and retailer media) being launched in the autumn.
As well as managing and optimizing the core product portfolio there is plenty of NPD being launched this year. It will be important to work closely with the sales team to support them tactically and to translate plans into effective presentations and an in-store plan including recommending relevant retailer media.
Our client is looking for an ambitious, passionate self-starter, who will be excited to work in a fast growth, entrepreneurial company and drive this challenger brand to new heights. You will have gained extensive marketing experience from working in an FMCG business and either had experience of working in smaller business or you have the right skills and aptitude to do so.
You will be expected to provide examples of how your strength, maturity and steely resolve have enabled you to craft and deliver great brand plans on time and within an ambiguous environment.
As with other smaller businesses, you need to be happy to work in a very nimble fashion and be prepared to really roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, as well as being able to take a step back and look at the strategic bigger picture.
- You need to be a self-starter and not fazed by complexity or speed – a real multi-tasker and someone who thinks and suggests rather than always asks.
- A superb project manager – who can stick to timelines and budgets.
- A confident communicator who is happy to manage internal and external stakeholders, with great written and verbal skills
- A team player – not distracted or uncomfortable with a start-up culture and will help the wider team when needed.
- You can conduct meetings and are used to taking ownership for delivery of projects and whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have strong creative and communication skill, including packaging design
- Experience of managing agencies.
- Strong commercial acumen, good numerical literacy and understanding of P&Ls
- You have a flair for strategy, and love to plan and sort through problems.
- You will bring enthusiasm, an interesting perspective and lots of ideas on how to propel the brand even further forwards – lots of creative spark, always keeping the consumer in mind.
- Line management experience
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **