Senior Export Manager (Livestock)
7 days left
- Contract Type
Senior Export Manager (Livestock)
£45,000 - £52,000
Permanent, 35 hours per week
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is a statutory levy board funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain and managed as an independent organisation (independent of both commercial industry and of Government).
Our purpose is to inspire our farmers, growers and industry to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Our vision is for a world-class food and farming industry inspired by, and competing with, the best.
Our philosophy is that levy payers are at the heart of what we do. In order to deliver genuine levy payer focus, there is a sector advisory committee (known as ‘sector board’) for each of the six commodity sectors represented by AHDB. Each sector board comprises levy payers, other stakeholders from the sector and independent members. The main AHDB Board has delegated the responsibility to each sector board to develop the most appropriate strategies to meet the challenges of the sector; to ensure the relevant levy rate is recommended in order to provide adequate funding for the required work; to monitor strategy implementation and to approve remedies where performance deviates from plan. The sector board members are appointed by AHDB.
AHDB Exports supports the UK livestock sectors (Beef, Lamb, Pork and Dairy) to develop international markets with a targeted market development programme and supports access to market to optimise opportunities for growth and improved competitiveness for UK stakeholders. The team supports UK exporters using brands and assurance schemes, technical support, international market research/consumer trends, export-related communications to industry, new international market development, existing market support and international trade events and missions.
- Develop and deliver defined areas of the Livestock Export business plan. Contribute to the overall development of the Livestock export business plan
- Monitor performance ensuring that targets/KPIs are achieved. Evaluate the effectiveness of activities to ensure their appropriateness and value for levy money
- Select and manage external agencies/suppliers to ensure focus, commitment and achievement of agreed targets; manage relationships with in-house communications, production and digital teams
- With a high degree of visibility and availability, support the Head of Asia Pacific and Export Manager team in promoting a positive and collaborative culture within the team that is focused on delivering customer service and excellent value for money
- Work with the International and Sector Strategy Directors to gain support for activities as required
- Represent Division/AHDB/levy payers in public and in the media
- Manage and carry out budget accounting/management to make the most effective use of levy funds
- Liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including media and sector opinion formers and maintain contact with the industry through participation in meetings/events/open days as required
- Maximise external and cross divisional co-funding opportunities
- Fully knowledgeable/qualified in export Marketing and/or Communications sector, including significant practical experience
- Extensive knowledge of the livestock sectors and international trade
- May have higher level professional qualification in communications e.g. CIM, CIPR
- Line management experience, including staff development/mentoring
- Experience in managing budgets
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under own initiative while still possessing collaborative skills
- Customer service experience
- Collaborative approach with flair for networking
- Ability to travel extensively overseas with periods away from home
For application details, visit our website: www.ahdb.org.uk
Closing date: 20th August 2018
Interview dates: 11th, 12th and 13th September 2018
Please note, to apply you must be a British citizen or be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.