Category Executive - East Midlands - FMCG
If you are an outgoing category candidate looking for the next step in your career then this opportunity with a leading food manufacturer based in the East Midlands this could be what you've been waiting for.
Working in a well established and successful team, you will put your category experience into play to generate research that can be turned into actionable recommendations to push the category further. The opportunity has great potential for quick progression into a fully fledged Category Manager so you'll need to be an ambitious individual with a desire to progress.
You will be given the opportunity to work on multiple retailer accounts . This will be customer facing role with plenty of autonomy. Reporting to the Head of Category, you will be working to collect data and generate customer insight.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collating data from relevant sources about customer insight and feeding it to category team to ensure that the category initiatives are aligned
- Manipulating data to generate insights and action plans
- Feed insights and trends into the innovation pipeline
- Ad hoc Data Analysis utilising Nielsen/IRI/Dunnhumby and retail link for both sales and customer metrics
You will need to be an outgoing person with strong analytical skills:
- Experience within Category Executive/Assistant/Analyst role
- Highly motivated
- Experience within Retail / FMCG / Consumer Durable / Retail Agency sectors
- Marketing degree or equivalent
- Strong background in analysis and/or Category Management
- Strong analytical and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Can be customer facing
What's on offer?
- competitive salary + company car / allowance
- Opportunity to work on Top 4 Grocery accounts with a rapidly growing business
- Great development and quick progression to Category Manager