Corporate Engagement and Research Manager
FAIRR is an innovative peer network for investors, and we’re harnessing the power of capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture systems. We work with over $7.8 trillion of investors to use their power and influence to help global livestock, fish and dairy companies build a more sustainable global food system. Having recently launched a major new project, the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, we are looking to broaden our capacity for engagement, including with the global food companies covered by the Index. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with at least three years of work experience to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation with huge ambition.
1) Manage the robust research and assessment of the 60 companies covered by the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index. This will include researching relevant corporate policies and processes, improving FAIRR’s methodology and data collection, and liaising directly with companies on their scores and feedback.
2) Drive corporate engagement on FAIRR’s existing and new investor engagement projects – including those on antibiotics and alternative proteins. This will include meeting with large global food companies, tracking and analysing the progress of companies in each engagement, fielding company and investor queries, conducting research on relevant corporate policies and practices, building web functionality for FAIRR’s investor members, and working on internal and external reports and briefings. This role will also require work to maintain records and notes and managing relevant webinars and events.
3) Provide general administrative and research support to other relevant initiatives within FAIRR. As a close knit and relatively small team, you may also be required to work with other parts of the FAIRR team on ad hoc research requests, documents, events or other tasks as required.
- Understanding of corporate sustainability issues, especially in the food and beverage sector. (Knowledge of reporting frameworks such as CDP and GRI would be helpful)
- Excellent research and analytical skills - both qualitative and quantitative – with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to manage multiple, complex projects with competing deadlines
- Understanding of responsible investment and shareholder engagement activities. Experience of working with investors would be helpful.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Ability to draft written materials to a professional standard with minimal review and excellent verbal communications skills
- Proactive attitude and a confident and professional manner in dealing with senior business professionals.
- A passion for, or previous interest in, the animal agriculture and food sustainability issues that FAIRR deals with would be helpful
- Familiarity with key technology platforms, particularly Excel, Word, Bloomberg, PowerPoint, MailChimp and Salesforce. Some training can be provided.
- Willing to occasionally attend conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours
**Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find job posting online at: http://www.fairr.org/opportunities/