PROCUREMENT MANAGER – CONTRACT MANUFACTURING
Procurement Manager – Contract Manufacturing
£50,000 plus car allowance, bonus, medical, pension and 25 days holiday
Reporting to the Site Commercial Manager, the Procurement Manager will be joining one of the UKs most highly regarded food manufacturers who have a number of sites nationally. Due to outstanding year on year growth and ambitious growth plans within the organisation there is now a requirement for a Procurement Manager to join the contract manufacturing division.
The key purpose as Procurement Manager is to effectively source and manage a range of the company’s third party contract manufacturing portfolio. Specifically, those suppliers manufacturing core portfolio products, outsourced capacity products and contract packing. This includes responsibility for sourcing new supplier, negotiating commercial terms, managing all aspects of their performance and acting as the prime interface between the supplier and the organisations internal functions.
- Management of all “core”, “capacity” and “contract packing” third party manufacturers.
- Identifying new suppliers, as appropriate, to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for negotiating all relevant commercial terms
- Working with internal stakeholders (e.g. NPD, Marketing, Supply Chain) to manage the relationship and ensure the requirements of the business are met.
- Development of an appropriate KPI system. Share, measure and monitor these and be responsible for the performance of the suppliers.
The role requires all applicants to have an expert working knowledge of the chilled or frozen food industry. You must have operated at Procurement/Buying/Trading Manager level previously, and ideally have worked within a retail buying role.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is prepared to work hard and keen to progress within one of the UK’s fastest growing food manufacturers.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described or contact Clear Edge Search & Selection for further information on 01132 054970.