National Account Executive
- Location: Office-based, London, SE1
- Commitment: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: circa £30k, dependent on experience
- Package: 25 days holiday, 8% pension, annual bonus, life insurance and other excellent benefits
- Reports to: Sales Director
Divine Chocolate is the world’s only mainstream chocolate company that is 100% Fairtrade and farmer-owned. We are co-owned by the Kuapa Kokoo Farmers Union, a co-operative of cocoa farmers in Ghana.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a FMCG brand with a social purpose: as a social enterprise and certified B Corp, we are committed to doing business differently.
The Role – National Account Executive
Your main responsibility will be ensuring the long-term profitable growth of your customer accounts whilst maintaining the core values of Divine. Your portfolio of customers will be focused within the High Street, Convenience and Online sectors.
A key part of the role is helping us present Divine to trade customers by co-ordinating sales initiatives such as trade shows. You’ll also use relevant sales and market data to demonstrate the potential for Divine’s products.
We’re looking for a dynamic and passionate person with FMCG sales experience and an interest in Fairtrade or social enterprise. Evidence of organisational skills and attention to detail is needed, along with great communication skills and a hunger to succeed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Agree targets for each existing account, and plans to deliver these targets, based on distribution gains, promotional planning and bespoke customer initiatives.
- Communicate progress against plans and suggest ways to maximise opportunities and close gaps versus target.
- Dedicatedly handle customers, ensuring a depth of customer knowledge and understanding about unique requirements and consumer behaviours.
- Create relationships with new customers and facilitate their acquisition
- Sell, negotiate and agree listings for NPD and seasonal lines within your customer portfolio.
- Work well together with all internal departments including operations, marketing and finance to ensure the smooth running of your accounts.
- Plan and lead Divine’s presence at trade shows and events, including booking space, fixturing and design, and organising staffing.
- Assist in the general day-to-day running of the Sales Team, including answering phones and handling general email enquiries.
- Contribute ideas that will lead to the strategic development of the business.
- Produce data analysis and reports as required, including regular sales reports and category management analysis for internal and external purposes.
- Assist the Sales Director with projects and initiatives as needed e.g. competitor/price basket analysis.
The Skillset we’re looking for
- 1-2 years’ commercial experience, ideally working in national accounts within FMCG.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills – expressing your views clearly and confidently to both external customers and internally within Divine.
- Persuasive – confident in negotiating and influencing to drive sales and achieve results.
- Organised - effectively managing multiple priorities and customers
- Proactive – keeping a positive attitude, thinking innovatively and always suggesting ways to improve.
- Data-driven – analytically minded, able to interpret data and build insight
- You can deliver to deadlines and are unflappable under pressure
- Passionate about the role Divine can play in empowering small-scale farmers and positively influencing “conventional business”
- You enjoy doing a deal!
- You’ll fully subscribe to our Divine Chocolate Company Values of Respect – Ownership – Teamwork – Creativity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We particularly welcome applications from women and black and minority ethnic candidates.