Stock Coordinator - Maverick Drinks
Salary – £20,000 – £25,000 (depending on experience)
Location – Tonbridge
Reporting to the Partner Solutions Manager, we are delighted to offer an amazing opportunity to be part of the growing wholesale team at Maverick Drinks, the leading distributor of craft spirits. This is a hugely exciting chance to be part of a drinks business which defies convention.
This newly created role is to maintain stock levels and develop forecasting abilities. To build and maintain relationship with suppliers and internal customers. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within a fast-paced, exciting and growing alcohol distribution team.
Essentials of the job
- Maintaining optimum stock availability and effectively communicating supply chain issues.
- Monitoring stock levels at 3rd party storage and replenishing accordingly.
- Working closely with UK and international suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Underbond movements.
- Updating and maintaining internal data entry system for stock reports and records.
- Allocating assigned stock to the relevant orders.
- Planning inventory levels in accordance to customer orders.
- Ensuring effective communication is maintained with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Closely following back orders of product, and accurately maintaining product allocation and stock requests.
- Taking ownership of suppliers and resolving problems/ supply issues to ensure good stock holding.
- Monitoring overall stock holding, by increasing stock holding on popular lines and reducing stock holding on slow selling lines.
- Setting up product codes and allocating codes for new product codes on the system
- Working with the goods inwards team with quality checking and ensuring all deliveries come on time and in good quality.
- Organising returns of goods that do not meet quality standards.
- Weekly reports of nil stock, stock problems and forecasting for larger customers to plan future stock orders.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Highly organised and efficient with exceptional attention to detail
- Exemplary communication skills - both verbal and written, and strong numerical skills with the ability to collate and interpret data
- Stock control experience is desirable
- Good ICT skills including proficiency and experience with databases and management information systems (in particular, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and ideally also of the Google Suite of apps)
- Knowledge of HMRC regulation, Excise Duty and Underbond movements is preferred but not essential
- Process driven – logical, accurate and detail oriented
- Able to adjust to competing and shifting priorities
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, adaptable, proactive, enthusiastic and prepared to get involved
- A diplomatic team player, with excellent interpersonal skills who can interact effectively and build relationships internally and externally and can also work autonomously when required
- Positive, enthusiastic and reliable
- You will be flexible and adaptable, therefore able to work well with changing tasks and priorities
- Confident in your decision making
- Well organised and logical
- Good multi-tasker
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working We’re focussed on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work.
- A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you think you have what it takes to be our Stock Coordinator apply now! Along with your CV please send a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the job. We are looking forward to hear from you.