Account Executive - London Restaurants
Account Executive – Restaurants in London
Do you want to work for one of London’s leading premium food manufacturers?
Do you want to be an instrumental part of a small talented commercial team who are passionate about the food industry?
Are you able to combine a passion for fine foods with your sales drive and commercial acumen?
DR Newitt is currently working with a well-respected premium food producer based in London. They supply their exciting range of products into the foodservice sector.
We are looking for driven sales candidates with experience within Food and or Hospitality, who can consistently display a proven ability in developing sales in a fast paced environment.
This is what is expected of you in this Account Executive role:
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the role is largely customer facing, involving sales visits to both new and existing customers, with a view to growing his or her share of the business.
The Company offers a structured induction, assisting employees within the Sales function, gain insight into how the company operates as a whole. This will be followed by more detailed sales and account management training.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for your own set of accounts (largely restaurants)
- In-town area will cover W postcodes and SW postcodes above the river- an area rich with high end restaurants
- Make calls to arrange face to face meetings with customers
- Meet with customers and conduct product tastings. Build rapport and show relevant samples, with the aim of expanding the range of products taken
- Phone calls to send samples of new products to customers
- Follow up calls after sending samples and customer visits
- Ensure customers receive credit application forms, price lists and marketing information on request
- Ensure agreed discount and matrix pricing is inputted on time
- Ensure all filing systems for price list, sample, appointment and order collection diaries are well organised and updated
- Organise and participate in promotional events for customers
New Business Development:
- Research the market to identify potential customers within your geographical area
- Target these customers, making calls to arrange a face to face meeting
- Visit these potential customers, taking a targeted range of products, and carry out a product tasting
- Follow up by email or phone to ensure conversion into customer
- Liaise with the distribution department over the accommodation and feasibility of delivery to new accounts
- Entertain customers at foodie festivals such as Taste of London (Regents Park)
- Provide feedback for innovation and marketing programs
- Assist the credit control department in the collection of outstanding debts
- Attend weekly team Foodservice meetings
- Attend the bi-monthly sales meeting - reporting sales activities to the Sales Director and the rest of the sales team
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate must have a passion for the food industry. The positon is working with premium products where the sell is on quality as opposed to pricing. Product knowledge and demonstrations are essential.
Strong commercial acumen with a desire to succeed within sales.
Excellent customer facing and relationship building skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
There is a strong career progression on offer as well as a highly competitive basic, car, bonus and other benefits.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0161 833