Category Manager for Cranswick Continental Foods
Cranswick Continental Foods aims to help UK consumers discover & enjoy the tastes of the continent. We work with European producer partners to bring their specialities to the UK market. Through relationships built on trust they work with them to adher to the technical standards required by UK customers and to develop products that will appeal to the UK palate. Once sourced they bring these great tasting products to the UK. They slice charcuterie – both fermented and cooked, marinate olives and antipasti as well as combine products together to provide convenient sharing solutions. Their capabilities also extend into British Charcuterie production under the Woodall’s brand.
With successive year on year of growth they have a comprehensive strategy in place to continue to expand and recently moved to a £28m purpose built site in Bury to allow them to deliver their growth aspirations.
- To talk with authority about the markets they operate in – size, dynamics, consumer & behaviour
- Evolve their understanding of the consumer through qualitative & quantitative research
- Monitor and track performance (Panel and EPOS data sources)
- Identify opportunities for growth through data & insight driven category strategies
- Work closely with NPD to develop market leading, consumer driven innovation
- Develop profitable promotional strategies
- Complete post implementation reviews on innovation, range changes and seasonal periods
- Recommend tactical quick wins to the sales team (ranging / promotions etc)
- Present category opportunities in a compelling way
- Educated to degree level as a minimum
- At least 3 years working in a leading category role
- Strong analytical skills (competent use of at least Kantar and one other data source)
- Creative thinking
- Proven track record of developing full category strategies and of identifying and implementing category opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate establishing and maintaining good customer relationships
- Enthusiasm and passion for the food industry
Paul Nyman Consultancy are acting a chosen recruitment partner to Cranswick Continental Foods. CV’s will only be considered from their chosen partners. Any representation by a third party will be forwarded on to a chosen partner.
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in FMCG Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, NPD jobs, Technical jobs & Category jobs across the UK.