National Account Manager
National Account Manager
- Are you passionate about selling and driven by targets?
- Have you a wealth of experience dealing with the top 4 supermarkets within own label food?
- Is your experience with either chilled or ambient food?
If so, we’d love to hear from you as our client is looking to recruit a National Account Manager after winning a brand new customer and it’s one of the top 4 retailers! This high-profile role will play an integral part in the transition of products into the business for January 2019. You’ll work together as part of a brand new team which will include a Development Manager and a Technical Manager to grow the account through great innovation as well as continually reviewing the existing range. Based in Wiltshire a couple of days a week, this role will be home based the rest of the time that you’re not with your customer. There is also the opportunity to visit their partnering processing facility in the Far East a couple of times a year. Reporting into the Head of Commercial, this really is a great opportunity if you thrive in setting challenging budgets and then delivering them!
Key responsibilities for the National Account Manager:
- Full P&L responsibility for the account performance including volume as well as value.
- Work with the retailer for annual budgeting as well as write & deliver JBP’s.
- Negotiate all terms of business, promotions, price inflation / deflation to ensure that driving sales is at the key of what you do.
- Short and long-term forecasting is essential and ensure that is communicated across the wider business.
- Project Manage all launches from initial briefing from customer to internal teams and setting out critical paths to hit launch date.
The Ideal Candidate for the National Account Manager:
- Previous experience of working in a National Account Manager / Commercial role within own label is essential, and ideally chilled food.
- A proven track record of driving sales with one of the major supermarkets.
- You must be brilliant with numbers, forecasting and driving sales, as well as exceptional communication skills both internally and externally.
- Tenacity, drive and ambition are needed in any Sales role, so you’ll need loads of this / these!
- The ability to travel across the UK as well as overseas a couple of times a year to visit manufacturing facilities.
Salary: £50,000 plus car, bonus & benefits
Job Reference: JR11395
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities.
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at Winhurst Recruitment from both a client and candidate perspective. By submitting your CV to Winhurst Recruitment, you are giving us your personal data which includes full name, address, phone number and email address. We will add these details to our database to assist with your job search. Our full GDPR policy is on our website. This tells you why and how we hold your data, and for how long. https://www.winhurstrecruitment.co.uk/gdpr
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect
Apply for National Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly