Client Manager - Branded Ambient Food & Drink
Go2Grocery is the food and drink sales division of the Ceuta Group, the UK’s leading health and beauty outsourced sales and marketing organisation. The Ceuta Group is now investing significantly in Go2Grocery to develop it into one of the leading outsourced food and drink organisations in the UK.
Working on behalf of our client partners, Go2Grocery manages food and drink brands through all retail channels. It builds and develops clients' brands by offering key insights and category expertise to deliver great results consistently. Its business model and bespoke approach make it an invaluable business partner.
As a result of the continued success within our Go 2 Grocery team we are now seeking a Client Manager.
- Interface for selected Go2Grocery clients. To work closely with these clients to develop and deliver growth strategies within UK multiples grocery & grocery convenience.
- Manage and be the lead contact for a multiple client portfolio including one large priority client
- Achieve key business objectives as agreed with line manager and clients
- Prepare and lead regular client review meetings with varying frequencies (large client = monthly)
- Liaise with Go2Grocery customer business management team to ensure delivery of Go2Grocery and client sales objectives
- Provide the customer business management team with:
- The data needed for effective sales gap analysis and range review recommendations
- Relevant trade presentations and sales aids
- Category solutions (planogram recommendations / POS)
- Insights based on weekly sales data
- Trade promotional plans & Trade media plans where appropriate
- Feed-back competitor activity / market trends / trade news to the client
- Manage partner marketing relationships and activities where appropriate including the UK Marketing & PR solution for one of our key clients
- Liaise with operations team and Customer Business Managers and manage the input to ensure an accurate rolling 12-month sales forecast to operational team and clients
- Manage annual trade promotional budgets, ensuring no financial exposure to Client or Go2Grocery
- Provide clients with sales analysis on request
- Achieve and maintain company administrative standards
- Carry out any other reasonable task or tasks in connection with the job function, as requested by line manager
Knowledge & Skills base:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within FMCG
- Experience of working with clients ideally within sales, trade marketing or category management (working within grocery is ideal but not a prerequisite)
- Experience and understanding of grocery trade sectors (multiples, convenience, discounters)
- Conversant with IRI/Nielsen Market Data
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office package
- Strong analytical skills
This is a head office-based role with offsite client meetings.