HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICES
THE ROLE - full time, permanent and based in our London office
Initially reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Customer Services is a key position within the operational leadership team and is fundamental for the organisation’s development and growth strategy. It is responsible for managing the Customer Services department across the two branches (London and York) and ensuring that exceptional customer service is provided at all times. The successful applicant will be required to travel to Tockwith (York) on a regular basis. He or she must be able to prioritise their own and the team’s workload to ensure the department is delivering exceptional service. A strong leader is necessary who will coach, train and inspire the team to ensure that departmental performance is maximised at all times.
- Able to provide excellent communication, via a variety of means, to both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starting, proactive, hands-on and thrives in a fast paced operation
- Demonstrates strong individual and team organisational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Has a keen eye for detail
- Holds effective process and solution driven ability
- Extensive experience of leading teams in a customer facing environment whilst providing motivation and inspiration at all times
- Has strong knowledge of customer requirements and expectations
- Proven experience of implementing processes, KPIs and measurements in order to ensure improvements and exceptional performance
- Is a strong decision maker with the ability to effectively communicate to the relevant people when necessary
- Experience of using Navision Bevica would be an advantage
- Has an understanding of the complications around duty free and duty paid stock from an accounting perspective
- Must be highly computer literate with the ability to utilise word, excel and power point to a high standard
- Be pro-active and willing to develop within Berkmann Wine Cellars.
- Continually review the service we provide to ensure that all issues are addressed proactively to prevent reoccurrence, feeding back on a regular basis
- Make swift and effective decisions
- Develop and implement processes and KPIs to ensure that such things as the orders being captured are 100% accurate
- Ensure staff resource is in line with business needs
- Responsible for conducting all HR related matters within the team; such as conducting performance and development reviews, sickness meetings, recruitment and new starter inductions
- Attend monthly management reviews and effectively communicate the relevant information to the necessary colleagues
- Ability to take a lead role with on-going training using Navision Bevica
- Develop and maintain a positive working team culture, ensuring that colleagues understand and behave according to company values and competencies
- Ensure that the working environment is presentable, organised, tidy and clean at all times
- Coach and develop individuals within the team to maximise performance and assist with things such as embedding positive change and productivity
- Ensure a cohesive working relationship across the teams and organise and run team building strategies to ensure that teams are fully integrated
- Assist the Sales Operations team to manage the customer database to ensure that customer wine lists, pricing and delivery requirements are maintained and 100% accurate at all times
- Prepare, generate and review reports to improve team and business efficiency
- Liaise closely with colleagues in other teams. For example:
o Work with our Credit Control team regarding on stop accounts and draw up procedures that support an efficient and quick credit resolution
o Work with the Stock Controller to manage old vintages and train the team on upselling techniques
- Ensure that all team and individual SLAs are adhered to according to company guidelines. For example:
o Telephone calls are answered professionally and responses are communicated correctly
o All returns are processed and completed within 24 hours
- Be accountable for the department when receiving feedback or complaints from either internal or external customers and to review and resolve these quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring improvements
This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you require further information please contact Christina Benn, HR Recruitment and Administration Manager, on email@example.com.
OFFER - The appointed candidate will become an integral part of our family business, receive a competitive salary, company pension and 23 days annual leave (rising to 24 days after 5 years’ service and 25 days after 10 years’ service) plus bank holidays. In addition you will receive exceptional training and support.
WORKING PATTERN- This role is 37.5 hours per week (9am – 5.30pm), Monday to Friday. But it is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job.
CLOSING DATE – 8 August 2018 (Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to interview prior to the closing date).
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. Should you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2 weeks of your application please presume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.